Banquet Server (AM)
- Appleton, WI, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation, established in 1959, is an international hospitality company primarily engaged in the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels under the Hotel RL, Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn & Suites, GuestHouse, Settle Inn, Vantage Hotels, Americas Best Value Inn, Canadas Best Value Inn, Lexington by Vantage, America’s Best Inns and Suites; Country Hearth Inns; Jameson Inns; Signature Inn and 3 Palms Hotels and Resorts brands. The company also owns and operates an entertainment and event ticket distribution business under the brand name TicketsWest. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
Provide prompt and courteous food and beverage service to guests during banquet/catering functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Serve menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to the banquet event order: time the service of courses to correspond with the dining pace of the guests.
· Perform pre- and post-shift side work: set-up condiments, etc.
· Clear tables after service. Remove trays of dirty dishes, silverware and glassware to kitchen for cleaning.
· Respond to guest inquiries and special requests promptly and professionally to ensure guest satisfaction; notify supervisor of guest complaints or unusual situations.
· Properly store all reusable goods. Perform other duties as assigned which may include assisting with set up and break down of function space, and plating of meals
Basic reading and writing. Food service experience with general knowledge of banquet operations.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
·Handling, carrying, or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds (tables, chairs, trays, etc.)
· Moving about the functions areas.
· Bending, stooping, kneeling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and leading others.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often with banquet event orders, guest checks, and giving and receiving instructions.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
· Basic math skills are utilized in the proper set-up of function space and/ or communication of guest checks.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.