- Appleton, WI, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation, established in 1959, is an international hospitality company primarily engaged in the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels under the Hotel RL, Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn & Suites, GuestHouse, Settle Inn, Vantage Hotels, Americas Best Value Inn, Canadas Best Value Inn, Lexington by Vantage, America’s Best Inns and Suites; Country Hearth Inns; Jameson Inns; Signature Inn and 3 Palms Hotels and Resorts brands. The company also owns and operates an entertainment and event ticket distribution business under the brand name TicketsWest. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
Clean and sanitize plate ware, silverware, glassware, pots & pans, utensils, and equipment, and work area in a timely manner.
- Set up work station as required to include: filling dish machine, checking chemical levels, presoaking, and gathering required set-up equipment for appropriate work stations. Replenish as needed for all shifts. Rinse/scape all dishes. Operate dishwashing machines to manufacturer specifications and instruction. Place clean dishes in assigned storage location.
- Clean designated equipment, such as hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers, service areas, walls, floors, kitchens cafeteria dump site/compactor area as assigned. Use and dispose of kitchen substances (such as grease) and kitchen chemicals properly.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications. Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Empty and clean trash cans when they become full; transport garbage containers from kitchen and work areas to dump sites; adhere to recycling regulations
- Sweep and mop kitchens floor at the end of each meal period and after each spill.
- Monitor chemicals and water temperature during shift. Clean and organize associated work area and kitchen equipment according to procedures to maximize efficiency.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include: Catering, Banquets, Outlets, and Maintenance
- May assist with other duties as assigned
Basic reading, writing and math skills
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen or other designated areas
- Handling objects, products, chemicals, cleaning supplies and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communicating with other people, following instructions.
- Reading abilities are utilized often when reading chemical or machines labels or operating instructions
- Basic mathematical skills are used to mix chemicals solutions
- May be requires to work nights, weekends and/or holidays
Full Benefit Package For Full TIme Employees Including: Medical, Dental, Life, Short-Term Disability, Vision, Vacation, Paid Personal Days, Employee Meal Program, Flexible Scheduling, and 401K.