Cash Receipts Specialist
- Denver, CO, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation is an innovative hotel company doing business as RLH Corporation and focuses on the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels. The company focuses on maximizing return on invested capital for hotel owners across North America through relevant brands, industry-leading technology and forward-thinking services. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
- Initiate one-time ACH & credit card payments; obtain proper authorization and maintain documentation.
- Update the daily cash receipt file for all companies.
- Balance credit cards and batch out/close out in the electronic payments system on a daily basis.
- Research returned items- checks, credit card chargebacks or ACH and assessing NSF’s.
- Maintain the recurring ACH and credit card payment list for the semi-monthly payment cycle; initiate the payments in the electronic payment and banking systems and integrate into the accounting system.
- Initiate payments for new and transferred properties; create or update the customer card in the accounting system.
- Maintain records in the banking systems; maintain ACH & credit card master lists.
- Maintain physical records of ACH & credit card authorization for all properties under all companies and brands per PCI compliance standards.
- Record the deposit of cash receipts to the accounting system check register for approximately five banks.
- Perform General Ledger analysis in preparation for month-end closing process.
- Assist Franchise Accounting Department with month-end closing process to meet deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to manage time well
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel functions (If Functions, VLookup, etc.)
- Must possess strong organizational skills; able to handle a high volume of checks/cash receipts and work with more than one company at a time while maintaining accuracy
- Organized with record keeping (ACH, credit card, returned items, declined)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, effectively meeting tight deadlines
- Able to produce professional correspondence
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.