Director of Sales
- Bellevue, WA, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation, established in 1959, is an international hospitality company primarily engaged in the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels under the Hotel RL, Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn & Suites, GuestHouse, Settle Inn, Vantage Hotels, Americas Best Value Inn, Canadas Best Value Inn, Lexington by Vantage, America’s Best Inns and Suites; Country Hearth Inns; Jameson Inns; Signature Inn and 3 Palms Hotels and Resorts brands. The company also owns and operates an entertainment and event ticket distribution business under the brand name TicketsWest. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
- Recruiting, retaining and managing performance for Sales Department talent.
- Positively and effectively leading individuals and teams to meet goals.
- Conducting regular and effective coaching and planning sessions with team members.
- Prospecting and developing business for the hotel from Corporate, SMERFE, government, tour and travel, and association markets, to include feeder markets.
- Cross selling other RLH hotels.
- Initiating and implementing hotel promotions, offers and advertising working in collaboration with RLH field marketing.
- Achieving a monthly personal room and revenue sales goal, as well as team sales goals.
- Representing hotel in relevant professional organizations and at targeted local, state, and regional trade shows.
- Managing mix of business, and working with revenue strategy team to yield occupancy and ADR of hotel business.
- Possessing and inspiring in others a passion for service; to include taking care of others; and providing friendly above and beyond service to customers.
- Reviewing and complying with, and promoting the company's Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.
- Being proactive in selling, by researching and identifying new business opportunities and utilizing available tools.
- Two or more years of hotel group sales experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred).
- Passion for Customer Service.
- Previous leadership or management experience (preferred).
- Competency in using basic computer programs and systems: i.e. Outlook, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Copy and scanning.
- Effective with priority and time management.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse personalities across associates, managers, outside representatives, agencies, and Red Lion guests.
- Strong professional communication and presentation skills.
- Ability develop and direct plans and supervise a team.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.