Catering Sales Administrative Assistant
- Olympia, WA, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation, established in 1959, is an international hospitality company primarily engaged in the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels under the Hotel RL, Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn & Suites, GuestHouse, Settle Inn, Vantage Hotels, Americas Best Value Inn, Canadas Best Value Inn, Lexington by Vantage, America’s Best Inns and Suites; Country Hearth Inns; Jameson Inns; Signature Inn and 3 Palms Hotels and Resorts brands. The company also owns and operates an entertainment and event ticket distribution business under the brand name TicketsWest. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
Previous experience as an administrative assistant (60 wpm typing). Catering and/or Sales experience a plus.
- Answer all incoming calls and take detailed messages.
- Greet clients and handle problems if necessary.
- Open all incoming mail and distribute if necessary.
- Go over all banquet bills from previous day’s function and work with departments to correct any billing errors.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Director of Catering and Conference Services and Catering Managers.
- Type all Banquet Event Orders.
- Produce catering contracts and confirmation letters to client plus a weekly catering event schedule.
- Maintain office filing system and stock and order office supplies.
- Check that all BEO’s are completed for the month.
- Distribute all catering BEO’s and weekly catering event schedules to departments.
- Maintain daily changes to all BEO’s.
- Post advance deposits in CLS for upcoming catering functions.
- Distribute Change Sheets to various departments.
- A passion for service; responsible for delivering personalized, above and beyond service to all customers
- Other duties as assigned or as needed to create Signature Moments for our guests.
Ability to type 60+ wpm. Previous sales/catering experience preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of clerical policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain filing system.
- Professional, goal oriented and motivated.
- Calm, helpful and positive attitude.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems.
- Ability to multi-task, follow through and re-prioritize well to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives, agencies, and Red Lion guests.
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize well to meet deadlines
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with guests and fellow associates.
- Develops effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.