- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Red Lion Hotels Corporation, established in 1959, is an international hospitality company primarily engaged in the franchising, management and ownership of upscale, midscale and economy hotels under the Hotel RL, Red Lion Hotels, Red Lion Inn & Suites, GuestHouse, Settle Inn, Vantage Hotels, Americas Best Value Inn, Canadas Best Value Inn, Lexington by Vantage, America’s Best Inns and Suites; Country Hearth Inns; Jameson Inns; Signature Inn and 3 Palms Hotels and Resorts brands. The company also owns and operates an entertainment and event ticket distribution business under the brand name TicketsWest. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.rlhco.com.
- Works directly with the Hotel General Manager in implementing and maintaining financial records, accounts receivable management and cash handling procedures.
- Oversees all areas of the Hotel’s financial reporting, audit, cash drops and bank account balances.
- Reviews the general ledger for accuracy and generates month end journal entries which may include accruals for invoices/expenses.
- Assists with creation of monthly forecasts.
- Assists in the Annual Budget creation.
- Ensures all accounting procedures are in compliance with Accounting standards and processes and that proper controls are in place.
- Maintain timekeeping system for accurate payroll reporting and generates regular reports for the managers to correct; input and transmit payroll; maintain all payroll account reconciliations; distributes paychecks. (At some properties may be done by Accou
- Responsible for accounts receivable and accounts payable to ensure proper procedures are adhered to; and ensure all accounting procedures are in compliance with the Accounting Department and proper controls are in place.
- Ensure proper application process for credit applications, monitor aging for credits, deposits, overpayments, small balance accounts, high balance accounts and delinquent accounts. Handle credit card charge backs
- May at times be needed to serve as a Transportation Agent to facilitate transportation needs of guests (or supplies) in lieu of a dedicated Transportation Agent at the hotel, if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned or as needed to create Signature Moments for our guests.
- For Management Positions: Review, comply with, and promote the company’s Affirmative Action Plans for minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.
- Considerable knowledge of bookkeeping, auditing and accounting procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of computers, spreadsheets and point of sales systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to establish and implement proper cash handling procedures to ensure traceable checks and balances.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems. Copy, fax and scanning.
- Minimum 3 Years of experience in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems: i.e. MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and electronic scheduling and e-mail systems.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize well to meet deadlines
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with guests and fellow associates.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.