Senior Network and Telephony Engineer
- Changi Business Park Central 1, Singapore
RHB Singapore is a progressive and growing financial organization. We are committed to creating a fulfilling, dynamic and engaging work environment for our team of more than 15,000 employees across nine locations in ASEAN, China and Hong Kong.
Overall of View
To setup and maintain Singapore Operations network infrastructure and digital telephony (including treasury phones). Perform system administration related duties including advise, analyze, plan, implement, maintain, support (and retire/refresh where required) all locally hosted (On premise, Cloud) network and digital based telephony components required to run Singapore operations including managing leased line connections to internet, 3rd party networks and to HQ network:
- Maintain and ensure network and telephony components running in production are in a healthy state;
- Analyze and recommend new network and telephony component acquisitions to meet evolving Singapore Operation’s needs;
- Ensure IT is operated in a manner that complies with Bank Policies and frameworks, standards, circulars, guidelines and MAS regulated act, notices, circulars, and guidelines applicable to technology (Compliance, Audit, Risk Adherence). – network and telephony
- Ensure IT assets are protected and secure – network and telephony components
- Assist in annual budgeting – network and telephony components
- Be a key stakeholder and technology partner on the bank Digital journey.
- Foster and champion bank PRIDE values within the technology department and imbue the department with a culture of teamwork, innovation, discipline, resiliency and dedication to how work is approached.
- Provide day-to-day support for network and telephony components
- Participate in the setup of test environments to ensure business can do their enhancements and new projects testing for assign applications.
Strategy, Planning, Mgmt. Reporting
- Provide expert advice and support to technology management in the area of expertise
- Contribute in the formulation a comprehensive Branch IT strategy covering IT policies and procedures, security, architecture, business solutions and operational functional requirements
- Keep abreast of developments and innovations in the FI IT landscape
- Provide mentorship, support and guidance to colleagues, share information and facilitate problem solving
- Contribute in the yearly budgeting for IT expenditures and investments.
- Ensure network and telephony components system health
- Ensure prompt and efficient provision of IT support based on assigned area of expertise (includes request from Data center operations team)
- Make available voice recordings on user request
- Manage the leased line connections to public, 3rd party networks, HQ, and AWS Direct connect
- Oversee contingency plans and ensure their adequacy
- Ensure IT assets are protected and secure
- Maintain and ensure timely renewal of digital certificates and proper lodgment with IT security team.
- Ensure IT operations run in a manner consistent with high score from audit, risk, compliance assessments. The following to be operationalized as standard procedure against all IT asset components:
– Administrative Accounts, Patching, Hardening, Network Perimeter Defense, Malware, Multi-factor Authentication, Logging and Monitoring, Capacity Mgmt, EOL/EOS Upgrades, Housekeeping and Backups
- Work with system stakeholders to ensure proper classification of system criticality and ensure design and architecture can meet the assessed criticality needs:
– MAS 644 defined Critical system – Ensure DR setup and working and can achieve RTO within 4 hours, RPO within 2 hours and maximum unplanned downtime of not more than 4 hours per rolling 12 months;
– MAS 644 defined non-critical system – Ensure HA/DR per stakeholder requirement.
- BCM related activity planning and execution
- Review and Approve/Reject production change requests as part of TCAB committee
- Raise CAB CR as necessary
- Cutover related planning and execution
- Ensure and maintain adequate test environments in good working order to support enhancements and new projects;
- Track IT related spend against budget.
- Write Memos to authorize procurements
- Write Memos to get deviation approvals where required.
Application and Systems Development / New Platform Acquisition
- Work with project and application teams to provide network and telephony component provisioning to support the projects
- Assist in the migration of applications to run on Cloud for existing systems based on end-user needs and business rationale.
- Assist team lead to write and table committee papers as required to get new systems and/or platforms, or major refreshes approved.
- Initiate and lead network or telephony related improvement projects
- Write Memos to authorize procurements
- Write Memos to get deviation approvals where required
- Work with Digital Delivery and DevOps team to support migration of workloads running on-premises to Cloud.
Regulatory and Procedural Expertise
- Keep up to date and refreshed on required reading related to guiding how IT must be run in a regulated Financial institution. Minimum read list:
– MAS Technology Risk Management Guidelines (TRMG)
– MAS Notice 644 – Technology Risk Management.
– MAS Notice 655 – Cyber Hygiene
– MAS Outsourcing Guidelines
– RHB Group IT Security Guidelines and SG addendum/s
– SG Patching Guidelines
– SG Backup Guidelines
– SG Technology Department Operational Manual (OM)
– SG IT Standard Operational Procedures (SOP), and System Manuals (SM)
– SG Procurement Operational Manual (OM)
- Participate in Monthly Technology Department meetings.
- Participate in regular Team meeting.
- Use Department issue and work tracking platform.
- Maintain and keep up to date team knowledge base and assist in updating team document assets such as system manual / standard operating procedures (SOP), and operations manuals
- Bachelor Degree/Masters with minimum 10 years of experience as an IT network and telephony specialist working at an established financial services institution based out of Singapore or Malaysia.
- Experience managing vendors
- Vendor accreditation for the suite of network components mainly CISCO switches, routers, access points and some HPE switches.
- Vendor accreditation for IPC telephony and CISCO IP telephony.
- Vendor accreditation for F5 load balancers
- CISCO network related technologies, Switches, routers, access points, ISE
- Firewalls (Fortigate, Checkpoint, Juniper)
- F5 Load balancers
- HP Switches
- IPC Telephony platform
- CISCO Telephony platform including recorders
- Strong project management, communication and documentation skills, well organized, customer focus and reliable
- Ability to manage outsourcing SLA and relationships
- Familiarity with AWS or other CSP cloud platforms.
RHB is a dynamic organization that promotes a work culture of high performance, where its biggest asset, the RHB-ians, are continuously developed & nurtured to their fullest potential through its robust talent management practices.
At RHB, we take PRIDE in our people and our teams. Great relationships built on trust, a ‘leading it right’environment, challenging assignments