RF Connect is a team of industry leaders transforming connectivity. We invest in our team, have fun, and give back to our community. We lead the way in the design, deployment, and support of high performance wireless networks and solutions. Our philosophy is simple - hire the best people, do the best work, and set the standard for the industry. Due to our growth and national expansion, we are currently seeking highly motivated, experienced, customer-oriented team members who are looking for an organization where they can make a major contribution and be an integral part of continued growth.
As the iBwave Design Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the pre- and post-sale project engineering and processes for the sales and deployment of advanced distributed antenna systems to operators and enterprise customers throughout RF Connect’s customer area. You will provide pre-sales support by conducting site evaluations to assess coverage and facility conditions, design and recommend systems and solutions in alignment with customer needs and budget, and assist in the development of RF Connect staff and manage and cross-train in location-based services and wireless LAN technologies.
In this role you can be virtual (within the USA, preferred Central or Eastern time zone) and will report to the Design Manager. You should be able to work productively in a remote and independent setting and be able to accommodate occasional travel as needed to support national business.
What You'll Do (responsibilities)
- Design in-building RF distributed antenna systems and solutions using coax-BDA and fiber hybrid technologies
- Perform RF path loss testing to validate system designs on customer premises
- Design in-building RF distributed antenna systems and solutions using coax-BDA, fiber hybrid technologies, and small cell solutions
- Perform budgetary system designs for end-user venues and locations
- Utilize specialized design software to predict RF propagation
- Prepare BOMs and design presentations
- Recommendations to customers, Business Development Managers, and RF Connect management
- Ensure delivery dates are met for internal and external designs
- Perform Peer Reviews of other engineer’s designs
- Document designs and follow-up with project support during Deployment phase
- Perform on-site commissioning and optimization as needed
- Perform on-site site surveys to include constructability and RF benchmarking as required
- Develop and deliver training as needed internally on assigned topics
- Review and evaluate new technologies and OEM solutions
- Work with the Solution Engineers, Estimating Function and business development team to help propose and close new business
Experience You Have
- At least five (5) years’ previous experience in one of the following Telecommunications, Networking, Wireless, Cellular, Facility industry helpful.
- Design/engineering and or IT experience in a related industry
- Technical knowledge and ability to apply processes and solutions.
- Experience in Computer applications and databases
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with project teams and meet deadlines
- Proven customer relationship skills
- Building/construction knowledge
- Knowledge of outdoor macro network construction
- Certification with iBwave, RANPlan, similar
- Knowledge and or experience in wi-fi and other IT solutions
- Knowledge and or experience in CBRS and private wireless solutions
- Experience and design certification with one or more inbuilding OEM
Educational/Vocational Training You Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and or IT or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and/or certifications; Master’s Degree preferred
- Any related professional certifications are not required, but are a plus
- Must be capable of lifting within regulatory limits
- In accordance with customer site requirements, COVID vaccination may be required prior to entry.
- This position sometimes operates in commercial construction sites, hospitals, and occupied commercial & government buildings. Some activities require the use of a ladder or lift and standing or walking for extended periods of time. When in the office uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Nationwide USA, Telecommute (preferred Eastern or Central time-zone)
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Travel: Occasionally as needed to support national business
- Competitive, commensurate with experience
- Health benefits
- HSA w/ company matching
- 401k w/ company matching
- PTO w/ rollover
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.