Technical Services Manager
- Nationwide, Telecommute, United States
- Employees can work remotely
RF Connect leads the way in design, deployment and support of high performance wireless networks and solutions. Our philosophy is simple: hire the best people, do the best work, and set the standard for the industry. Due to our growth and national expansion, we are currently seeking highly motivated, experienced, customer-oriented team members who are looking for an organization where they can make a major contribution and be an integral in continued growth.
As the Technical Services Manager ( TSM ) , you will be responsible for the entire process from pricing, proposal language, assisting in presenting, selling, and closing opportunities for the Managed Services Business. You will also be responsible for the deployment and delivery of all Managed Services and warranty services, and the delivery of all network field services in partnership with RF Connect’s network engineering team. You should be able to work independently, lead and supervise groups and individuals, grow the business in the TSM area of responsibility with direct and indirect sales, as well as be responsible for P&L Management and be the face to the customer in both a service operation and sales role.
You will report to the VP of Operations.
What You'll Do (responsibilities)
- Sell Managed Services and subscription-based solutions to past and existing customers who did not originally select or renew a Managed Services agreement with RF Connect.
- Client presentations and preparation of proposals and documents
- Aggressively close Managed Services and Subscription based sales
- Establish, build, and manage client relationships
- Identify existing client venues with no Managed Services contracts for an opportunity to propose new solutions
- Track and pursue renewals of all current and new RF Connect Managed Services customers
- Review and recommend SLA Managed Services agreements from customers
- Find subcontractors to flow down SLA agreements to local markets and complete agreements with them for delivery of Managed Services package support
- Manage Time and Material Managed Services quotes, tracking, and billing
- Track and maintain margins, adjusting pricing and cost models for Managed Services Support and Health Check services
- Prepare and send monthly Managed Services reports to existing customers
- Look at market competition to establish pricing models for support services
- Establish marketing material to support Health Check, Managed Services and Monitoring services
- Provide phone support as needed to customers, RF Connect employees, and subcontractors on RF Connect network solutions and supported systems
- Mentor (dotted line reporting) network service technicians providing professional services to Managed Services customers
- Act as a SPOC between the traditional RF Connect account teams and the Cellocity Team. Requires general working knowledge of Networking.
- Collaborate with internal Network Operations Center (NOC) engineering team to evolve NOC technology and process over time.
- Provide Managed Services support for sites to diagnose and correct network related issues escalated from Level 2. Another internal Network Engineering team will own Tier 3 responsibilities for all other technologies.
- Perform quality audits between tier 1 NOC tickets and tier 2 service tickets with the Managed Services team.
- Provide Networking solutions expertise to internal RF Connect teams and external clients.
- Identify and respond to any new Managed Services and Health Check solution customer requests
- Coordinate and set up remote monitoring through public IP or wireless access for Managed Services customers
- Establish spares and backup warranty strategies for Managed Services business
- Manage Trouble Ticketing system working with our Answering Service to dispatch engineers for Managed Services Support
- Facilitate OEM RMA process for Active equipment that is still in warranty period
- Coordinate or perform replacement of RMA equipment and re-optimize Managed Services Customers
- Potentially perform as a deployment network field engineer as needed.
Skills & Experience You Have:
- At least 5 years previous successful consultative network sales experience and/or in a Managed Services support role
- Sales of professional services around networks experience desired
- Previous experience with Managed Services and monitoring systems and solutions, and ability to educate clients on those solutions
- Previous experience in preferably in IT Networking. Experience in Cellular or Wireless environments a plus
- Previous experience presenting and communicating technical and commercial topics to the appropriate audiences
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Customer support experience in a 24x7x365 environment
- Experience with accounting and/or purchasing software and ability to analyze projected material cost versus actual cost are strongly preferred (NetSuite, or other ERP software experience is a bonus)
- Network Certifications or equivalent experience preferred
Education/Training You Have:
- Strongly preferred Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science (or related field), and/or equivalent experience/certifications
- Any related industry certification(s) strongly preferred
- Must be capable of lifting within regulatory limits
- In accordance with customer site requirements, COVID vaccination may be required prior to entry.
- This position sometimes operates in commercial construction sites, hospitals, and occupied commercial & government buildings. Some activities require the use of a ladder or lift and standing or walking for extended periods of time. When in the office uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Nationwide, Telecommute
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred, or related experience
- Competitive, commensurate with experience
- Health benefits
- HSA w/ company matching
- 401k w/ company matching
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.