Network Services Field Engineer
RF Connect is a team of industry leaders transforming connectivity. We invest in our team, have fun, and give back to our community. We lead the way in the design, deployment, and support of high performance wireless networks and solutions. Our philosophy is simple - hire the best people, do the best work, and set the standard for the industry. Due to our growth and national expansion, we are currently seeking highly motivated, experienced, customer-oriented team members who are looking for an organization where they can make a major contribution and be an integral part of continued growth.
As the Network Services Field Engineer (NSFE), you will be responsible for supporting the pre- and post-sale project deployment of CBRS and PLTE Networks. You will also assist in the engineering process and the deployment of advanced Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) Wi-Fi, Point-to-Point and other communication systems to operators and enterprise customers throughout RF Connect’s customer area. You will utilize test equipment and software to conduct troubleshooting of CBRS and/or PLTE networks, review installation specifications, along with customer requirements and manufacturer’s instructions to validate that the network is performing as designed and implemented.
In this role, you can be virtual (within the USA only, preferred Eastern or Central time-zone) and will report to the Network Services Manager. You should be able to work productively in a remote and independent setting and be within commuting distance of a major airport for travel needs.
What You'll Do (responsibilities)
- Network Engineer for private IP networking and infrastructure, providing network maintenance, troubleshooting, and technical support
- Interact with customer IT leaders to troubleshoot problems and help create solutions for private wireless networks and network solution offerings
- Responsible for creating and disseminating complex technical information to external and internal customers.
- Assist set up remote monitoring through public IP or wireless access for customer Managed Services
- Ensure delivery dates are met for internal and external deployment activities.
- Provide pre-sales support by conducting site evaluations to assess network conditions and constructability as necessary.
- Collect and process data with mobile software and phones for both baseline benchmarking and post-DAS verification.
- Onsite post-Install commissioning and optimization as required.
- Utilize iBwave design software to predict RF propagation as needed.
- Prepare and review BOMs and design presentations as needed.
- Document designs and follow-up with project support during Deployment phase.
- Give feedback of performance of deployment engineers.
- Work with Project Managers to maintain and beat project budgets for services performed and deployments.
- Balance competing requirements between projects, PMs, Sales, Maintenance SLAs, and find solutions to provide services while balancing business needs.
Skills & Experience You Have:
- At least 5 years of experience in a telecommunications role and systems environment (Networking, IT, Facility, RF/DAS, Wireless)
- Significant hands-on experience with IT networking, systems and network troubleshooting, scripting (Python, VBscript), Splunk and operational monitoring tools.
- Deep understanding of network protocols and services such as TCP/UDP, routing protocols and QoS.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, able to balance multiple projects and tasks, complete them successfully, and within timelines.
- Creative thinker and problem solver, willing to keep options open for as long as productive analysis is occurring, within timelines appropriate for the needs of the business.
- Proven customer relationship skills
- Previous field experience in a complex technology and systems environment
- Technical knowledge and ability to establish and apply processes and solutions
- Engineering/Estimating experience
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Responsible for all test equipment, tools, vehicles (location, condition, calibrations etc.)
- Demonstrated organization skills, time management, attention to detail, team-oriented communication skills, and ability to meet deadlines are strongly preferred
Education/Training You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Engineering, Networking, Computer Science, etc.) strongly preferred, and/or industry equivalent experience.
- Any related industry certification(s) strongly preferred
- Must be capable of lifting within regulatory limits
- In accordance with customer site requirements, COVID vaccination may be required prior to entry.
- This position sometimes operates in commercial construction sites, hospitals, and occupied commercial & government buildings. Some activities require the use of a ladder or lift and standing or walking for extended periods of time. When in the office uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Telecommute, Nationwide USA (preferred Eastern or Central time-zone)
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or related experience
Travel: 50% - 75%+ as part of regular responsibilities
- Competitive, commensurate with experience
- Health benefits
- HSA w/ company matching
- 401k w/ company matching
- PTO w/ rollover
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.