- Nationwide, Telecommute, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Leading the way in the design, deployment and support of high performance wireless networks and solutions, the RF Connect LLC philosophy is simple - hire the best people, do the best work, and set the standard for the industry. Due to our growth and national expansion, we are currently seeking highly motivated, experienced, customer-oriented team members who are looking for an organization where they can make a major contribution and be an integral in continued growth.
We are seeking an energetic and ambitious team-player as our new Solutions Engineer, reporting to the VP of Engineering and who is responsible for all stages of communication initiatives for the Estimate Pricing tool & Proposal and will own and facilitate that process. This person will be responsible for creating and disseminating complex technical information to external and internal customers in presentation and training formats and developing relationships with customers, carriers, AHJ clients, vendors, and subcontractors. Responsibility will include directing tasks, as well as overseeing budget, workflow and deliverables for multiple, complex proposals, and other duties as required.
* This role can be virtual (within the USA) or report to our Farmington Hills, MI office.
What You'll Do (responsibilities):
- Manage, maintain and perform planning, estimating, proposal systems
- Work with sales, engineers, and designers to develop estimates, proposals and processes
- Interact with co-workers, vendors, and representatives of other organizations to obtain and disseminate information, facilitate estimates and proposals, and provide assistance to sales and management staff
- Interact with customers, subcontractors and vendors at all levels, as required
- Responsible for creating and disseminating complex technical information to external and internal customers in presentation and training formats.
- Remain current on relevant technical information by attending meetings, conferences, task forces, and events
- Develop relationships with customers, carriers, AHJ clients, vendors, and subcontractors
- Evaluate new products and services from vendors and coordinates and/or participates in the development of training programs to improve the process
- Review RFP specifications and validate compliance or exception while also ensuring the estimate and proposal includes any necessary cost, actions assumptions and exceptions
- Constantly improve the proposal and estimating process to obtain growth in the business while achieving and exceeding financial objectives
- Proactively measure and manage project revenue/ margin/profit objectives/hit rates
- Collaborate with Sales Account Manager to prepare proposal plan that meets the objectives of the budget and timeline.
- Distribute RFP documents for risk management review of any special requirements (legal, financial, logistics, safety, etc.) and to all team members involved in the proposal and estimate preparation as required.
- Determine best and most cost effective solution to RFP and response placement to win
- Primary responsibility for preparation/review of the proposal write-ups.
- Prepare initial assessment of the technical, financial, schedule or any other unusual risks associated with a proposal.
- Monitor overall proposal costs and budgets and report metrics to senior management.
- Promote standardized proposal templates and processes.
- Collaborate with Product Development team to develop and evangelize new offerings to Sales and Operations teams
- Understand company service offerings, experience, and history
- Host all proposal team reviews.
- Opportunity Review/Price to Win
- Pre-Proposal Kickoff
- Design/Quote Review(s)
- Final proposal and pricing review.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Business or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and/or certifications
- Any related professional certifications are not required, but are a plus
Experience You Have
- Experience in one of the following Telecommunications, Networking, Wireless, Cellular, Finance, Facility industry helpful.
- Technical knowledge and ability to apply processes and solutions.
- Experience in a business analyst/project management role in a complex technology and systems environment
- Applied proposal management skills in a multi-project atmosphere
- Demonstrated skills with management tools and methodologies, project lifecycle, and problem solving
- Experience in Computer applications and databases
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams and meet deadlines
- Bid management and construction management experience
- Proven customer relationship skills
- Experience meeting and exceeding targets for Revenue/Margin/Profit
- Building/permit knowledge
- Knowledge of outdoor macro network construction
- Requires use of a computer and must be capable of lifting within regulatory limits
- In accordance with customer site requirements, COVID vaccination may be required prior to entry.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Remote (USA), or Farmington Hills, MI
Preferred candidate will reside in the Central or Eastern time zone
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Travel: As needed, to support national business
- Competitive, commensurate with experience
- Salary + Incentives
- Health benefits
- HSA w/ company matching
- 401k w/ company matching
- PTO w/ rollover
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.