RF Wireless Field Engineer
- Houston, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
RF Connect LLC is a leader in the design, deployment and support of high performance wireless networks and solutions.
Who We Are
Our philosophy is simple – hire the best people, do the best work, and set the standard for the industry. This is precisely what has fueled our success. RF Connect hires only top caliber associates. If you combine excellent character, strong work ethic, great references, an intelligent logical mind, great communication and people skills, and familiarity within RF and wireless LANs we would like to hear from you.
We offer a top environment, a great education, and solid compensation in exchange for very hard work, customer devotion, productivity, and teamwork.
Go to www.rfconnect.com/careers to apply
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers and co-workers.
- Earn and maintain personal industry certifications and request/schedule required training.
- Conduct technical design, and bill of material, reviews.
- Conduct construction surveys and update designs with required changes.
- Collect and process data with mobile software and phones for both baseline benchmarking and post-integration verification.
- Assist project managers in creating detailed project scopes of work.
- Inspect, validate, and certify equipment installation, including RF Path loss testing.
- Commissioning telecommunications equipment.
- Conduct RF signal measurements and testing to validate link budget and amplifier gain settings.
- Integrate RF signal sources with radiating elements.
- Conduct system adjustments to optimize network coverage and capacity.
- Document design changes and follow-up with project support throughout the Deployment phase.
- Follow, and provide input for, engineering best practices.
- Conduct methodical trouble-shooting, and fault analysis, on RF network systems.
- Complete equipment commissioning, optimization, and testing, documentation.
- Track expenses and work hours by project and phase using assigned productivity software/websites.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Communication, Oral & Written - Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Building/permit/code knowledge (NFPA 72, IFC 510)
- Strong work ethic
- Microsoft Office applications
- Required: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or technical school) in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent experience).
- Preferred at least 1 year in a telecommunications role and systems environment. RF, DAS, or Wireless experience.
- Certifications & Licenses:
- Distributed Antenna System Manufacturer commissioning certifications.
- FCC Ground Radio Operator License