RF Wireless Field Engineer
- Houston, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
RF Connect LLC is a leader in the design, deployment and support of high performance wireless networks and solutions.
Who We Are
Our philosophy is simple – hire the best people, do the best work, and set the standard for the industry. This is precisely what has fueled our success. RF Connect hires only top caliber associates. If you combine excellent character, strong work ethic, great references, an intelligent logical mind, great communication and people skills, and familiarity within RF and wireless LANs we would like to hear from you.
We offer a top environment, a great education, and solid compensation in exchange for very hard work, customer devotion, productivity, and teamwork.
Go to www.rfconnect.com/careers to apply
- Provide leadership in the direction, assignment, and completion of deployment engineering tasks for RF Connect’s pre and post sales DAS and general RF business.
- Lead the operation of project Warranty, Monitoring and Maintenance contracts.
- Ensure delivery dates are met for internal and external deployment activities.
- Review and approve data before release from Engineering.
- Provide pre-sales support by conducting site evaluations to assess coverage and facility conditions and DAS constructability as necessary.
- Collect and process data with mobile software and phones for both baseline benchmarking and post-DAS verification.
- Post-Install commissioning and optimization as required.
- Assist in development of RF Connect staff and manage and cross-train in location-based services and wireless LAN technologies.
- Provide leadership in managing and resolving Maintenance issues and scheduled Preventative Maintenance activities.
- Perform CW - RF path lost testing to validate system designs on customer premises.
- Utilize iBwave design software to predict RF propagation as needed.
- Prepare and review BOMs and design presentations as needed.
- Recommendations to customers, account managers, and RF Connect management.
- Document designs and follow-up with project support during Deployment phase.
- Perform on-site commissioning and optimization.
- Give feedback of performance of deployment engineers.
- Train and mentor, Quality supervisor of deployment engineers.
- Set the right policies and procedures for consistency amongst the group.
- Define best practices to ensure the most time efficient and quality deployments.
- Be reasonable for maintaining and beating project budgets for services performed and deployments.
- Ensure and audit quality workmanship on the team.
- Perform on-site site surveys to include constructability and RF benchmarking as required.
- Balance competing requirements between projects, PMs, Sales, Maintenance SLAs, and find solutions to provide services while balancing business needs.
- Highly organized, capable of managing multiple tasks with strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Administrative timeliness and excellence
- Customer facing skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Leadership by example
- Responsible for all test equipment, tools, vehicles, (location, condition, calibrations etc.)
- Microsoft Office applications
- DAS – Commscope/Andrew, Corning/Mobile Access, Tyco or equivalent
- JDSU, Invex, or similar
- Engineering/Estimating experience
- Wireless RF systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience – Electronics or Computer Science
- Verbal, written and numerical communication skills
- Strong capabilities on personal computers, test equipment, and software applications
- 5 years DAS experience preferred