Senior Software Engineer (m/f/x)
As the IT of the REWE Group Austria, we work together with our more than 600 employees to develop innovative IT products and services for all our corporate divisions in Austria and abroad, setting the tone for modern trade. As member of our IT GIS team you will take an essential part in developing applications for our GIS tools in Austria and several CEE countries. In this role you and your team assist our subsidiaries and departments of REWE International with projects in geomarketing, CRM, controlling, e-commerce, as well as expansion and spatial analysis. Continuous improvement, maintaining and servicing our systems by providing maps, reports, or dashboards is one of the main responsibilities of this team.
- Implements functional and non-functional requirements following existing development guidelines & Book Of Standards and based on a basic understanding of the underlying business processes.
- Together with the team, you are responsible for the potential deliverable product increment with the agreed quality characteristics
- Ensure through code design and optimizations that our IT solutions are long-term and internationally deployable, as well as continuously evolvable and scalable
- Provide feedback on possible implications of decisions for the functionality and structure of the system, and support requirements engineering
- Supports the product owner in planning by providing effort estimates
- Coordinate code architecture and interfaces within your own and with other teams
- Document the code in a form that is understandable for others
- At least three years of professional experience in the context of geographical information systems (Oracle Spatial, PostGIS)
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (PL/SQL, Java)
- Working with development tools
- Understanding of best practices, frameworks & technical market development
- Creation of technical documentation
- Experience in an agile work environment
- Conceptual and analytical skills
- Solution-oriented thinking and acting
- Independent, structured and reliable way of working
- A family-friendly company culture with flexible working hours and remote working options available
- Easy public access
- A wide variety of tasks combined with the flexibility you need to plan your personal life
- A lunch allowance
- An industry-standard, attractive and performance based annual gross salary starting at 46.000 Euro (on a full-time basis) with the possibility of higher pay according to experience and qualifications
As we focus on diversity, we are also looking forward to receiving applications from people with disabilities.
No matter where you are in your career, we have a path for you. Whether you’re looking for your first job, advancement in your field, or a new career shift. We’re proud to employ great people who are passionate about their jobs. But they’re all different. No matter who you are, what you need and where you’re going, REWE Group can be a part of it. Apply now!
We promote a diverse and inclusive work environment. Therefore, we welcome applications from people of different gender, age, cultural or social background, sexual identity and applications from people with disabilities. In addition, we would like to increase the proportion of women in technical professions and are particularly pleased to receive applications from women for this position.