- Lagos - Badagry Expy, Nigeria
Resource Intermediaries Limited (RIL) is a company registered in Nigeria to engage in outsourcing services. We focus on three key areas; Human Resource Management, People Placement and Learning & Development
At RIL people management is at the heart of ALL we do; easing business burdens is why we do it.
JOB LOCATION: LAGOS ISLAND
INDUSTRY: OIL AND GAS
Our client, a leading oil and gas servicing company is seeking to recruit a QUANTITY SURVEYOR who would be in charge of managing and planning all costs related to civil engineering and building projects.
· Reduce overall cost of a project ensuring value for money
· Conduct feasibility studies to estimate quantity and cost of materials, time and labour costs
· Prepare, negotiate and Analyze costs for tenders and contracts documents.
· Set budgets for payments, inventory needs and materials and valuing completed work and approval for payments.
· Advising on range of legal and contractual issues.
· Coordination of work effort, track changes in plans or constructions; update budgets; negotiate with contractors and subcontractors.
· Review architectural plans and prepare quantity needs.
· Analyze completed projects to determine ROI and compare costs.
· Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying, construction engineering, management or related field
· 5-10 years general construction estimating experience
· In depth understanding of project management and good knowledge of the construction industry
· Clear understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines to avoid job hazards
· Analytical and methodical way of thinking. Able to analyse problems and strategize for better solutions
· Excellent problem solving skills and conflict resolution acumen
· Good financial numerical management skills
· Strong organisational and communication skills in order to manage the direct development plans
· Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
· Proficient in computer skills, experienced in compiling and working with big data spree sheets and financial reports