Remote Tax Professional for Progressive Tech-Forward Accounting Firm for Small Business
- Oberlin Dr, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Our client, a boutique cloud-based accounting firm who has been providing quality and personalized tax and accounting guidance to local businesses, has asked for our assistance in sourcing for a Tax professional. They aren't your average accounting firm. They are technology-forward, opportunity-driven, and excel at providing outstanding service to clients and the community. They are paperless, encourage web-meetings when possible to preserve resources, and run solely on cloud-based technology enabling more flexibility. You must be extreme tech savvy and have worked with business clients who are start-ups or in the e-commerce niche. Must hold a CPA or EA and have worked in a consulting environment. You will work remotely while maintaining a close connection with the team that is based in San Diego. You have the option to work on-site, out of the San Diego corporate office with opportunities to telecommute Or, be fully remote.
Our client’s unique business model allows you the ultimate in flexibility and income potential and there is potential to grow into a director level position within the firm. They seek to build a core team of disciplined, talented and friendly individuals to help grow the company to the next level; making them on of the top nationwide cloud-based accounting firms focused on e-commerce and digital entrepreneurs.
They believe in proactive, year-round processes that spare the team from ‘killing themselves’ working ungodly hours during tax season. So, if you are a tech savvy, experienced CPA or EA who can contribute accuracy and forethought while looking for the ultimate in work/life balance, this may be the opportunity for you.
This is a forward-facing position. You should be comfortable running client planning meetings and be able to communicate clearly and effectively with clients and team members in a cloud-based environment.
- Managing tax preparers including setting and achieving deadlines across your team
- Tax planning, reviewing of tax returns, preparation of complex returns, tax research, improving internal tax processes, overseeing tax software
- Talking to clients. Lead client planning meetings, communicating clearly and effectively
- Updating the team on new tax laws, tax preparation, client advisory, some review of financial statements.
The right candidate will have:
- 5+ years working in public accounting have high attention to detail, be successful at meeting deadlines and work effectively and efficiently.
- At least 5 completed tax seasons preparing signature-ready, complex individual and business tax returns.
- General familiarity with bookkeeping and QuickBooks Online REQUIRED.
- CPA or EA license REQUIRED
- Extremely tech savvy and have worked in a cloud based environment
- Ultra-Tax preferred
Our client's core values are centered on openness, learning, self-improvement, innovation, and creating a friendly and caring environment. If you have both people skills and technical knowledge and want to contribute those skills to a successful, growing company, apply now.
The Company Offers:
- Competitive salary/incentive & benefits package
- Flexible and relaxed small teamwork environment
- Consistent annual growth / 14+ years in business
- Management opportunities & ongoing training
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications please forward a recent copy of your resume.