Junior IT Technical Project Manager - Applications
- Lincoln St, Boston, MA, USA
My client, a global provider of IT and process outsourcing services, has asked for our assistance in sourcing for a Junior IT Technical Project Manager - Applications to work at their client's location minutes south of Boston. The Junior IT Technical Project Manager will have 3-5 years’ experience in project management roles. They must have knowledge of IT project life cycles and have the capacity to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close on multiple cross-organizational IT projects concurrently. Prefer candidates with enterprise IT infrastructure and financial services industry experience. Minimum bachelor degree required. Long Term projects. Salaried position to include benefits and 401k. 1-week vacation within first year of employment.
As IT technical project manager within the organization, you will be involved in cross-organizational life cycle initiatives migrating multiple application stacks from legacy infrastructure to current technology and managing application code remediation activity.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Set specific project level objectives
- Create and Manage detailed project plan utilizing the Program Office standards
- Create the detailed project plans per project in MS Project
- Track progress against plan through structured meetings with project participants
- Oversee detailed Application Discovery for Application and/or Track Remediation
- Identify any additional Workstreams that require separate plan or process
- Identify and escalate Track interdependencies are identified and escalated
- Identify and report any project level Risks, Assumptions, Issues, and Dependencies
- Publish all project artifacts to SharePoint
- Ensure each Track meets objectives to keep the projects within time frame and budgets, identify and escalate any divergence from project objectives
- Create application / track or workstream RAIDC Log
- Report project milestone performance to Program Office
- Facilitate regular project meetings at Application Project level
- Create Change Schedule for Master Schedule
- Complete Project Completion Record and lessons learned for each project under management.
- Experience in fast-paced technology project roles
- Capability to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close on multiple cross-organizational IT projects concurrently
- Proven track record of project delivery
- Ability to manage challenging stakeholders diplomatically
- 3-5 years in project management roles
- Knowledge of IT project life cycles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team Player, ability to collaborate with others.
- Flexibility and adaptable.
- Competitive salary; W-2 or 1099 - You choose
- Full comprehensive benefits after 30 days of employment
- 9 paid holidays plus vacation
- 1 week vacation within first year of employment
- 401K plan
US Citizens and Green Card Holders preferred. Will consider Visa candidates who do not require sponsorship. Project to start in next few weeks.