HR Manager - Manufacturing/Plant Experience
- Humboldt, TN
Our client, a major manufacturer in the building materials industry, has asked us to assist in their efforts to recruit a Human Resource Manager for their Humboldt, TN plant location. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 6 years working as a human resource supervisor or manager with RECENT manufacturing industry experience working within the plant. NO EXCEPTIONS. Building material manufacturing experience preferred. Relocation will be considered for the right candidate.
Overall coordination of Human Resources, Safety/Compliance, and Training/Development functions to optimize the use of all resources in meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals.
- Overall coordination of all recruiting activities; salary and hourly.
- Provides counseling and resource assistance in the areas of policy, benefits, salary administration, training/development, performance issues.
- Monitor and coordinate all local/state governmental and regulatory compliance activities.
- Represents the company in all employment related claims; including EEOC, DOL, NLRB, OSHA, and WC.
- Maintains accurate and complete employee files and other HR related information for salary and hourly employees.
- Plan and coordinate department’s activities to support SQDC targets, and meet and/or exceed client and/or customers expectations.
- Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
- Ensure assigned departments perform tasks as outlined in Job Instruction Breakdowns, Quality Specifications, and Standard Operating Practices.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of the Goal Setting and Performance Appraisal policy for salaried and hourly personnel.
- Participate in identifying hiring needs; employee selection and training process
- Participates in local wage and benefits surveys to insure competitiveness.
- Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivates team members, and identifies opportunity for improvements.
- Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, CITE principles.
- Ensures Policies are followed and provides guidance and discipline.
- Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve SQDC goals.
- Establishes individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organization goals and performs periodic performance reviews to determine progress.
- Support and represent company as a union-free environment
- Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles
- Represents Company in community relations activities.
- Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor
- Will supervise hourly and salaried employees in the assigned department and/or departments.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Benefits Administration
- Compensation / Performance Management
- Polices / Legal Compliance
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 6 years as a human resources supervisor or manager within a manufacturing/plant environment. Must have RECENT experience as a Manufacturing Plant HR professional!'
- Besides all the basic human resource functions of an HR professional, candidate must have HRIS/record keeping experience as well as OSHA & EPA compliance.
- Building Material Manufacturing exposure a plus
Important Tech Skills:
- Strong experience in manufacturing
- HR Management
- Plant experience
- HRIS/ Record keeping
- OSHA & EPA compliance
Important Soft Skills:
- High level communication skills
- Experience in working in a team environment
- Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication or division to basic manufacturing performance recording or financial performance
- US Citizen or Green Card Status ONLY!
- Compensation: Competitive with generous semi annual bonuses
- Job type:Direct hire
- Job function:Human Resources
- Industry:Building Materials
- Experience level:Mid-senior
- Job classification:Professionals
- Visa requirement:Only US citizens and Greencard holders
Very good benefits and relocation assistance offered
Interview process will include:
- Wonderlic assessments
- Interview Stream video interview links
- Followed by an in-person interview.
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications to assume this position please upload or send your resume and salary requirements.