Senior Employee Health and Benefits Insurance Consultant
- New York, NY, USA
Our client, a global professional services firm, has asked for our assistance in sourcing for a Senior Health & Benefits (H&B) Consultant for their New York, NY location. The candidate must have heavy project management and consulting experience in the heath and benefits industry along with strong presentation and communications skills working with clients and leading teams. Must have experience working directly with clients. No relocation offered. US Citizens and US Permanent Resident (Green Card) applicants only! State Health and Life Insurance Licenses REQUIRED.
The Senior Employee Health & Benefits (H&B) Consultant will act as the lead consultant on some client accounts and/or support the lead consultant in managing client accounts for employers with more than 5,000 employees. The consultant interacts with clients and develops relationships, is involved in developing strategies to meet clients' needs, and takes on the role of a trusted adviser. The consultant will also manage projects and lead teams in researching, analyzing, and evaluating medical, dental, life and disability benefits plans and programs.
To fulfill this role, the Senior H&B Consultant will:
- Demonstrate project management and consulting skills such as: participate or lead the consulting team in developing the overall strategy to address the client's needs; manage the scope, quality, timeliness and budget of multiple client deliverables; develop budgets and billing reports; facilitate and participate in or lead client calls and meetings; delegate to and review project work of more junior colleagues which includes review of financial, contract, and administrative analysis; provide direction to analysts and other team members in the preparation and delivery of clear and concise client presentations
- Provide high level financial, contract and/or administrative analysis and review of the work of junior staff. Provide guidance and training to junior staff on this analysis.
- Perform data analysis (example includes but is not limited to review claims and utilization data and look for trends and patterns); may involve use of the Company’s internal financial tools to develop self-funded claims projections, set rates and model employee cost-sharing scenarios
- Review internal compliance and client disclosure requirements, external vendor contracts, summary plan documents (SPD's) and employee communications to ensure alignment with client expectations and legal requirements
- Manage ad-hoc client requests including problem-solving on administrative and operations issues
- Act as a subject matter expert in Health & Benefit products, services, technical tools, and vendor/carrier markets. Includes developing relationships with vendors in order to understand and compare products and services being offered and recommend solutions to clients. Understand advanced underwriting and financial techniques and intranet resources by participating in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues
- Develop and maintain personal and working relationships with key client stakeholders to transition into the role of a trusted adviser and facilitate the sharing of advice and information relevant to the client, developing new and expanded business, and gain client referrals.
- BA/BS degree preferred
- State Health and Life Insurance Licenses REQUIRED
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in H&B or related experience
- Renowned expertise and industry reputation in the health & benefits; total health management; wellness fields
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Superior analytical and mathematical and problem solving skills, strategic planning, communication, and listening skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple and complex tasks in a demanding work environment
- Proven management skills in leading large, complex projects
- Ability to manage, motivate, and mentor more junior level staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to partner and lead teams to deliver project objectives; ability to work independently and on a team
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications please forward a recent copy of your resume and state your salary requirements.
US Citizens or Green Card Holders ONLY!
Local Candidates Preferred - No Relocation: Will accept self-relocation candidates.
Base salary plus bonus potential and phenomenal benefits package.