Employee Health and Benefits Insurance Account Manager
- Austin, TX
Our client, a global professional services firm, has asked for our assistance in sourcing for a Employee Health and Benefits (EHB) Insurance Account Manager for their Austin, TX location. The candidate must have heavy project management experience in the heath and benefits industry along with strong presentation and communications skills working with clients and leading teams. Will consider candidates from the insurance carrier side with any health related experience. Must have experience working directly with clients. No relocation offered. US Citizens and US Permanent Resident (Green Card) applicants only! State Health and Life Insurance Licenses REQUIRED.
The Employee Health and Benefits (EHB) Insurance Account Manager will lead consulting engagements with 5,000+ life employers regarding their medical, dental, life and disability benefit plans and programs and negotiate with benefits carriers and vendors to secure health and welfare plan coverage for these employers. Level of support provided depends on size of client as well as complexity and revenue of the account - at this level the senior consultant is the client lead and is often the Company's relationship manager.
- Lead complex client engagements, including managing overall service delivery, strategy, plan design, incentive development, business placement, bench-marking and other studies
- Develop sophisticated program offerings that are aimed at improving member experience and improving clinical outcomes
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise
- Effectively communicate the Company's position on latest industry trends to clients
- Monitor success of projects in terms of scope, budget, timeliness and client satisfaction
- Incorporate compliance and professional standards into all work processes, including compliance regulations, peer review and maintaining required licensure
- Generate sales by expanding revenues from existing clients and by leading prospecting efforts with new clients
- Lead and participate in new business opportunities
- Build market presence by leading and presenting at industry seminars and conferences
- Leverage Company's size and reputation to negotiate highly competitive rates and coverage options from carriers and vendors
- Delegate effectively to provide developmental opportunities to team members while providing mentoring and coaching to direct reports and project team members
- BA/BS degree
- Completion of continuing education to maintain credentials as required
- State Health and Life Insurance Licenses REQUIRED
- 3-15 years’ experience in identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' complex health care benefits challenges
- Renowned expertise and industry reputation in the health & benefits; total health management; wellness fields
- Strong, innovative sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market organizational strengths successfully
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills, strategic planning, communication, and listening skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple and complex tasks in a demanding work environment
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
- Proven management skills in leading large, complex projects
- Ability to manage, motivate, and mentor more junior level staff
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications please forward a recent copy of your resume and state your salary requirements.
US Citizens or Green Card Holders ONLY!
Local Candidates Preferred - No Relocation: Will accept self-relocation candidates.
Base salary plus bonus potential and phenomenal benefits package.