Digital Marketing Internship [Summer 2021]
We are REI Network, L.P., a growing SaaS company in Houston, Texas dedicated to supporting real estate investors. Our mission is to help our customers change their lives by providing them the information, tools, and services they need to become successful real estate investors. Among our products, we offer affordable real estate investing leads, training, and tools to investors around the country. Established in 2005, we were recently included in the Inc. 5000 list of America's fastest-growing private businesses and chosen as a Best Place to Work in Houston three years in a row.
The marketing intern will be joining our interactive team and getting a hands-on, insider's glimpse into a marketing-forward digital business. This position will be responsible for assisting the marketing team, as well as executing many detail-oriented aspects of our marketing strategy. Primary responsibilities includes ongoing support of editorial strategy, from the blog to email marketing. The marketing intern will also be working with the team to create and post social media content, gather and analyze monthly analytics, implement sponsored emails, and perform periodic administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate is someone who is proactive, works autonomously, and makes themselves indispensable through efficiency and creativity. While the primary tasks are established and require thorough attention to detail, there are many opportunities for new projects and growth. The overarching structure of the internship program is one to provide abundant learning opportunities and close collaboration with the entire marketing team.
Summary of Tasks:
- Assist the acquisitions marketing manager, digital marketing manager, and marketing coordinator
- Support and implement editorial strategy
- Research, write, and edit blog content
- Edit and review transcripts for editorial content
- Edit and review audio files for editorial content
- Implement email marketing campaigns
- Collect analytics
- Create and post content on social media
- Manage social media engagement
- Positive attitude and passionate approach to your work
- Objective thinking and goal-oriented mindset
- Excellent writing skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with WordPress or similar content management system a plus
- Experience in email marketing a plus
- Experience in social media a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Excel a plus
- Experience with HTML a plus
- Proficiency in graphic design a plus
- You enjoy staying up-to-date on marketing and technology trends
At REI, our goal is to maintain a stress-free but highly productive and collaborative environment. Our team members love what they do and work together to achieve the company’s lofty goals. We are an Agile team using the Scrum methodology.
Our office is conveniently located in the historical Tribeca Lofts building in Montrose and offers a relaxed atmosphere that is convenient and conducive to work. At some point this year, we will likely transition to a hybrid model combining both in-office and virtual work. All of this is dependent on the pandemic. With that being said, we are accepting applications from candidates who are not local and who would prefer a virtual internship.
Additional training provided includes certifications related to email and writing, or training that the candidate thinks is relevant and helpful to their position and personal growth. The candidate should be available 16–22 weekly hours during regular business hours. Compensation for this role is $12 per hour.
This is a summer position that runs from May to August, depending on schedule and availability.
How to Apply:
If we described you to a T, we’d love to hear from you! To be considered, please include the following:
- Submit your updated resume by clicking the green "I'm Interested" button below
- Submit a cover letter listing your qualifications, goals, and availability
- In your cover letter, please name a brand or company you admire and tell us why
To be considered for this role, please apply by 04/15/2021.
For more information about us and our team, visit www.reinetworklp.com.