Senior DevOps Engineer
Redica Systems is a data analytics platform built to help life sciences companies improve their quality and stay on top of evolving regulations. Our proprietary processes transform one of the industry’s most complete data sets, aggregated from hundreds of health agencies and unique Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) sourcing, into meaningful answers and insights that reduce regulatory and compliance risk.
Founded in 2010, Redica Systems serves over 200 customers in the Pharma, BioPharma, MedTech, and Food and Cosmetics industries, including 19 of the top 20 Pharma companies and 9 of the 10 top MedTech companies. Redica Systems’ headquarters are in Pleasanton, CA, but we are a geographically distributed company. More information is available at redica.com.
We‘re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to become a vital part of the tech team. This is a great opportunity for someone passionate about automating, deploying and scaling in the cloud (AWS).
- Help manage our AWS infrastructure using Terraform and CloudFormation
- Develop CI/CD pipelines with CodePipeline, CodeBuild, and CodeDeploy or similar tools
- Support the Data and Application teams
- As part of a small 24x7x365 team, act as Level 2 support for Redica’s platform and infrastructure
- Develop reusable, automated processes and custom tools
- Assist with integrating QA’s software tests into code pipelines
- Tech Savvy: Effectively anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building technology solutions, staying up-to-date with advancements and incorporating them into work processes
- Manages Complexity: Actively synthesizes solutions from complex information by identifying patterns and developing effective problem-solving strategies
- Decision Quality: Consistently makes good and timely decisions that propel the organization forward and keeps the organization's DevOps processes running smoothly and efficiently
- Collaborates: Actively engages in collaborative problem-solving by leveraging diverse perspectives and finding innovative solutions
- Drives Results: Strives to continuously improve performance and exceed expectations—necessary for meeting the continuous delivery demands, even under tough circumstances
- Optimizes Work Processes: Actively seeks opportunities to enhance and streamline current work processes for deploying and maintaining tech/applications
- Nimble Learning: Engages in experimentation, learns from both successes and failures, and uses those insights to refine problem-solving skills, staying up-to-date with evolving SaaS technologies and practices
- Engaged: Not only shares our values but also possesses the essential competencies needed to thrive at Redica, as outlined at https://redica.com/about-us/careers/
- BA/BS degree in CS or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience in AWS cloud operations
- Strong Linux system administration skills
- Deep understanding of both EC2- and Fargate-backed AWS Elastic Container Service tasks
- Hands-on Bash and Python scripting
- Comfortable with Docker, configuration management, and monitoring tools
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Hands-on experience integrating DataDog into AWS services like ECS, EC2, RDS, and Lambda
- Experience interacting with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with SOC2 compliance and vulnerability management
- Expertise with Kubernetes clusters, applications and deployments
- DataDog APM, monitoring, logs and dashboard skills
- Certifications: AWS DevOps Engineer or SysOps Administrator
- Experience with Snowflake data warehouses
Top Pharma Companies, Food Manufacturers, MedTech Companies, and Service firms from around the globe rely on Redica Systems to mine and process government inspection, enforcement, and registration data in order to quantify risk signals about their suppliers, identify market opportunities, benchmark against their peers, and prepare for the latest inspection trends. Our data and analytics have been cited by major media outlets such as MSNBC, WSJ, and the Boston Globe.
Redica Systems is an equal-opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.