Quality Assurance Manager
Redica Systems is a data analytics platform built to help life sciences companies improve their quality and stay on top of evolving regulations. Our proprietary processes transform one of the industry’s most complete data sets, aggregated from hundreds of health agencies and unique Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) sourcing, into meaningful answers and insights that reduce regulatory and compliance risk.
Founded in 2010, Redica Systems serves over 200 customers in the pharma, biopharma, MedTech, and food and cosmetics industries, including 19 of the top 20 pharma companies and 9 of the 10 top MedTech companies. Redica Systems’ headquarters are in Pleasanton, CA, but we are a geographically distributed company. More information is available at redica.com.
Redica Systems is looking for a motivated individual with strong Quality Assurance and analytical abilities to lead our team of QA Engineers. You’ll be expected to work directly with project stakeholders to plan and execute test efforts for different products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This is a hands-on management role where you are expected to contribute technically and manage a team.
- Be responsible for the entire software quality of Redica including developing, maintaining, and improving the company’s quality standards
- Build a quality metrics tracking system to measure our success
- Manage QA engineers including hiring, developing, mentoring, and training the team
- Review each QA cycle and sign off before the release
- Identify and communicate risk and risk mitigation strategies
- Assist with scheduling estimates, timelines, and milestones
- Contribute to the design and evolution of the company’s QA process
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and make decisions quickly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities—must be able to investigate an issue, isolate its probable cause, and provide a reliable method for reproducing the issue
- Go-to expert in one or more areas and understands the broad architecture of the entire company system
- Articulates the root cause of problems using logical assumptions—defines trade-offs, then extracts and translates insights into solutions
- Demonstrates sound decision-making; includes the right teammates and leads in decisions
- Prioritizes effectively across multiple projects and competing priorities
- Builds alignment, understanding, and trust across teams through effective written and verbal communication
- Addresses low employee performance with constructive feedback and documentation
- Actively handles challenging management situations and makes decisions on behalf of the team
- 7+ years of software quality assurance experience with 2+ years in a leadership role
- Strong QA background with proven leadership experience
- Prior experience in measuring and reporting quality metrics
- Experience hiring and developing quality-minded individuals
- Experience mentoring team members
- Deep experience with test automation tools and frameworks
- Familiarity with CI/CD automation frameworks
- Deep experience testing websites, SaaS, or web-based technologies
- Strong understanding of the SDLC
- Strong understanding of software engineering and SQA methodologies
- Experience creating test cases and testing documentation with or without requirements/specifications
- Experience testing web services (REST)
- Experience with SQA automation and load testing tools (ex. Cypress, Selenium)
- Experience with issue-tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about quirks and intricacies of popular web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- Experience with major operating systems (Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, Unix)
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited four-year university
The US base salary range for this position is $140,000-$170,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. People Ops can share more about specific salary ranges for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Top Pharma Companies, Food Manufacturers, Medical Device Companies, and Service firms from around the globe rely on Redica Systems to mine and process government inspection, enforcement, and registration data in order to quantify risk signals about their suppliers, identify market opportunities, benchmark against their peers, and prepare for the latest inspection trends.
Our data and analytics have been cited by major media outlets such as MSNBC, WSJ, and the Boston Globe.
Redica Systems is an equal-opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.