Staff Back-end Software Engineer, SaaS Platform
Redica Systems is a data analytics platform built to help life sciences companies improve their quality and stay on top of evolving regulations. Our proprietary processes transform one of the industry’s most complete data sets, aggregated from hundreds of health agencies and unique Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) sourcing, into meaningful answers and insights that reduce regulatory and compliance risk.
Founded in 2010, Redica Systems serves over 200 customers in the pharma, biopharma, medtech, and food and cosmetics industries, including 19 of the top 20 pharma companies and 9 of the 10 top medtech companies. Redica Systems’ headquarters are in Pleasanton, CA, but we are a geographically distributed company. More information is available at www.redica.com.
We’re looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer to join our SaaS platform team as we continue to develop the first-of-its-kind quality and regulatory intelligence (QRI) platform for the life science industry.
The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills as an individual contributor with experience in mentoring junior developers while maintaining a high bar of quality of the technical deliverables for the team.
- Design, build, and deploy various back-end services/components and interfaces (APIs) for our SAAS platform
- Work with cross functional teams to analyze requirements
- Conduct and participate in code reviews, analysis, and performance tuning
- Be a influencer and educator to team members
- Effectively facilitates discussions and decision-making and win organizational buy-in for proposals
- Capable of leading projects spanning multiple teams to solve complex security, reliability, privacy, and compliance issues
- Works on impactful unique issues driven by unclear factors; runs projects with extremely high business impact, risk, or ambiguity
- Consistently able to simplify projects, services, and processes; helps others break down and conceptualize complex problems
- Decisions have a direct impact on the long-term success or failure of multiple teams
- BS/MS in computer science or related field
- 8+ years of hands-on experience with object-oriented and/or functional programming
- Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures; Big-O complexity analysis
- Strong knowledge of PHP, Laravel framework, and SQL
- Experience with TDD methodology
- Experience in building cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architectures
- Experience with Elasticsearch or equivalent search tools
- Hands-on experience in API development (REST, GraphQL, etc.)
- Experience working with Docker/Kubernetes/Containers
- Good understanding of common Software Design Patterns & Principles
- Familiarity with relational databases like MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud
- Desire to learn and adopt new technologies
- Experience with distributed systems
- System design experience
- Experience in frontend technologies such as Vue JS or React
- Experience with Python and modern cloud data warehouses like Snowflake
The US base salary range for this position is $145,000-$195,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. People Ops can share more about specific salary ranges for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Top Pharma Companies, Food Manufacturers, Medical Device Companies, and Service firms from around the globe rely on Redica Systems to mine and process government inspection, enforcement, and registration data in order to quantify risk signals about their suppliers, identify market opportunities, benchmark against their peers, and prepare for the latest inspection trends.
Our data and analytics have been cited by major media outlets such as MSNBC, WSJ, and the Boston Globe.
Redica Systems is an equal-opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.