Staff Software Engineer, SAAS Platform
- 6800 Koll Center Pkwy, Pleasanton, CA 94566, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Redica Systems is a data analytics platform built to help life sciences companies improve their quality and stay on top of evolving regulations. Our proprietary processes transform one of the industry’s most complete data sets, aggregated from hundreds of health agencies and unique Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) sourcing, into meaningful answers and insights that reduce regulatory and compliance risk.
Founded in 2010, Redica Systems serves over 200 customers in the pharma, biopharma, medtech, and food and cosmetics industries, including 19 of the top 20 pharma companies and 9 of the 10 top medtech companies. Redica Systems’ headquarters are in Pleasanton, CA, but we are a geographically distributed company. More information is available at www.redica.com.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our SAAS platform team as we continue to develop the first-of-its-kind quality and regulatory intelligence (QRI) platform for the life science industry.
The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills as an individual contributor with experience in mentoring junior developers while maintaining a high bar of quality of the technical deliverables for the team.
- Design, build, and deploy modular front-end code leveraging REST-based services
- Emphasis on shipping features quickly without sacrificing quality
- Work with cross-functional teams to analyze requirements and discuss trade-offs
- Conduct and participate in code reviews, analysis, and performance tuning
- Ability to clearly communicate a technical solution, architecture, or a plan
- Passionate, positive, and can-do attitude
- Works on impactful unique issues driven by unclear factors; runs projects with extremely high business impact, risk, or ambiguity
- Consistently able to simplify projects, services, and processes; helps others break down and conceptualize complex problems
- Mentor junior members of the team
- BS/MS in computer science or related field
- Extensive knowledge of HTML, CSS3, Ajax, jQuery, bootstrap
- Experience with TDD methodology, writing Unit tests, and end-to-end testing
- Experience working with cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architectures
- Experience designing, developing, and testing highly scalable, reusable UI components
- Experience working with Docker/Kubernetes/Containers
- Experience with Agile Development
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud
- Desire to learn and adopt new technologies
- Knowledge of PHP, Laravel framework
- Familiarity with relational databases like MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with modern cloud data warehouses like Snowflake
Top Pharma Companies, Food Manufacturers, Medical Device Companies, and Service firms from around the globe rely on Redica Systems to mine and process government inspection, enforcement, and registration data in order to quantify risk signals about their suppliers, identify market opportunities, benchmark against their peers, and prepare for the latest inspection trends.
Our data and analytics have been cited by major media outlets such as MSNBC, WSJ, and the Boston Globe.
Redica Systems is an equal-opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.