Vice President of Data Operations
- 6800 Koll Center Pkwy, Pleasanton, CA 94566, USA
Redica Systems, is a technology company using data, analytics, and expertise to deliver meaningful insights to quality and safety professionals around the world. By applying artificial intelligence to large and disparate government datasets, Redica Systems empowers our customers to improve compliance, increase product quality, and build a more efficient organization.
Headquartered in Pleasanton, CA, we recently raised a Series B round of financing, and are rapidly writing our next chapter. We currently serve over 200 customers in the pharma, medical device, and food industries, including 19 of the top 20 pharma companies and 9 of the 10 top medical device companies.
We’re looking for an experienced VP of Data Operations with a strong background in managing data, operations, people, and processes. We are a data company, and as such, this is one of the most critical executive roles in the company.
You will own our data processes end-to-end, and you will lead our proprietary data sourcing efforts from thousands of public and private sources, which includes data acquisition, data normalization, and data unification. You will lead/improve our process definition, automation, tools, and ensure a collaborative approach to designing, implementing, and managing our data workflows and distributed data architecture.
- Build, lead, and retain a world-class Data Operations organization consisting of Data Engineering, Data Science, and Data Quality Assurance teams.
- Set direction for optimizing data management (data-flow automation, data tools, technical stacks, engineering practices, etc.).
- Align with business goals around Data as a Product strategy.
- Set organizational KPIs for managing data from collection through pipeline, and ultimate delivery to our customers.
- Create innovative data solutions that drive the success of our technology groups and the scale and enhancement of our core data and software products.
- Develop, improve, and operate tools and governance measures that streamline the process of requesting, vetting, and delivering new data solutions to our customers.
- Increase our enterprise data management, agility, and control.
- Build an environment of collective responsibility and accountability that influences proactive process improvement across the business and assist in decision-making across teams.
- Lead ongoing data management, business process improvements, data hygiene, and ensuring that data is able to be leveraged internally and externally to draw actionable insights.
- 8+ years of proven experience developing a data operations department; delivering high value and managing risks.
- 4+ years managing managers.
- Proven ability to develop strategies and apply sound principles to managing data, operations, people, and processes.
- Experience researching and implementing advanced technology solutions to automate our data management and operations processes while incorporating appropriate governance controls.
- Highly versed and experienced in cloud data operations (eg. AWS, GCP, Azure; AWS preferred).
- Experience driving process-oriented, automated, and collaborative approaches to designing, implementing, and managing data workflows and a distributed data architecture.
- Background developing innovative data science solutions that utilize machine learning, operations research, and statistical and quantitative modeling approaches
- Excellent technical abilities, including evaluating and identifying appropriate data sources, mapping data to business solutions, defining quality and accuracy of data, and defining the business metadata.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience interfacing with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across many levels.
- Strong machine learning and/or statistical modeling expertise.
- Experience in developing advanced Data Science infrastructure and systems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of multiple database technologies (relational, graph, nosql, etc.), BI Tools, and ETL Tools; Understanding of data warehouse and data lake architectures.
Top Pharma Companies, Food Manufacturers, Medical Device Companies, and Service firms from around the globe rely on Redica Systems to mine and process government inspection, enforcement, and registration data in order to quantify risk signals about their suppliers, identify market opportunities, benchmark against their peers, and prepare for the latest inspection trends.
Our data and analytics have been cited by major media outlets such as MSNBC, WSJ, and the Boston Globe.
Redica Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.