Lead Software Engineer
- Koll Center Dr, Pleasanton, CA 94566, USA
Redica Systems is a technology company using data, analytics, and expertise to deliver meaningful insights to quality and safety professionals around the world. By applying artificial intelligence to large and disparate government data sets, Redica Systems empowers our customers to improve compliance, increase product quality, and build a more efficient organization.
Founded in 2010, we serve over 200 customers in the pharma, medical devices, and food industries, including 19 of the top 20 pharma companies and 9 of the 10 top medical devices companies. We’re headquartered in Pleasanton, CA. Let's talk!
We’re looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer to join our team as we continue to develop the first-of-its-kind quality and regulatory intelligence (QRI) platform for the life science industry.
The ideal candidate will come with experience leading/mentoring a team of developers and maintaining a high bar of quality while remaining hands-on in the code.
What You’ll Do:
- General end-to-end software development to help data from intake to customer consumption
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment, focusing on sustainable development of high performance scalable, and maintainable enterprise solutions
- Recommend and validate different ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Identify optimal approaches for resolving data quality or consistency issues
- Ensure successful system delivery to the production environment and assist the operations and support team in resolving production issues, as necessary
- Lead the acquisition of data from a variety of sources, intelligent change monitoring, data mapping, transformations, and analysis
- Develop, test, and maintain architectures for data stores, databases, and processing systems, and microservices
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition, diagnostics, mapping, and correction
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining, and production
- Integrate data pipeline with NLP/ML services
- 5 - 7 years of senior or lead developer experience with an emphasis on technical mentorship, code/system architecture, and quality output
- Deep, hands-on experience in Python
- A track record of being a self-starter and a team player, drawn to mentoring others and growing your own skillset within a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of authoring exceptional code employing known software and enterprise patterns
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar degree from a major 4-year university.
- Hands-on experience setting up, configuring, and maintaining SQL and no-SQL databases (MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with scalability and ability to collaborate on cross-disciplinary teams
- Ability to clearly communicate solutions and ETL processes to various technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with the data engineering stack of AWS is a major plus (S3, Lake Formation, Lambda, Fargate, Kinesis Data Streams/Data Firehose, and DynamoDB, Neptune)
- Experience with the ELK stack is a plus (ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana)
Top Pharma Companies, Food Manufacturers, Medical Device Companies, and Service firms from around the globe rely on Redica Systems to mine and process government inspection, enforcement, and registration data in order to quantify risk signals about their suppliers, identify market opportunities, benchmark against their peers, and prepare for the latest inspection trends.
Our data and analytics have been cited by major media outlets such as MSNBC, WSJ, and the Boston Globe.
Redica Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.