Lead Data Engineer
- Koll Center Dr, Pleasanton, CA 94566, USA
Redica Systems, formerly known as Govzilla, is a technology company using data, analytics, and expertise to deliver meaningful insights to quality and safety professionals around the world. By applying artificial intelligence to large and disparate government data sets, Redica Systems empowers our customers to improve compliance, increase product quality, and build a more efficient organization. Founded in 2010, we serve over 200 customers in the pharma, medical devices, and food industries, including 19 of the top 20 pharma companies and 9 of the 10 top medical devices companies. We’re headquartered in Pleasanton, CA. Let's talk!
We’re looking for a strong Lead Data Engineer to join our team as we continue our mission of aligning our unique data systems with aggressive business goals.
The ideal candidate will come with a strong analytical skill-set, previous data engineering experience, and the demonstrated ability to get stuff done with curiosity, efficiency, and passion for a job well done.
What You’ll Do
- Acquire data from a variety of sources, intelligent change monitoring, data mapping, transformations, and analysis
- Implement code for data acquisitions in a modern development framework and serverless scripting stack.
- Develop, test, and maintain architectures for data stores, databases, and processing systems and micro-services.
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition, diagnostics, mapping, and correction
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining, and production.
- Integrate data pipeline with NLP services.
- Employ a variety of development languages and tools to blend data systems together.
- Recommend and validate different ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Troubleshooting bugs in the data pipeline.
- Ad-hoc dataset creation for both internal and external customers.
- General end-to-end software development to help data from intake to customer consumption.
- 3-6 years of experience performing data acquisition.
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar degree from a major 4-year university.
- Deep, hands-on experience in Python.
- Basic knowledge of AWS stack
- Hands-on experience setting up, configuring, and maintaining SQL and no-SQL databases (MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Hands-on experience with graph databases (AWS Neptune).
- Experience with scaling and performance of ETL processes.
- Experience with the ELK stack is a plus (ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana).
- Experience with the data engineering stack of AWS is a major plus (S3, Lake Formation, Lambda, Fargate, Kinesis Data Streams/Data Firehose, and DynamoDB, Neptune)
Top Pharma Companies, Food Manufacturers, Medical Device Companies, and Service firms from around the globe rely on Redica Systems to mine and process government inspection, enforcement, and registration data in order to quantify risk signals about their suppliers, identify market opportunities, benchmark against their peers, and prepare for the latest inspection trends.
Our data and analytics have been cited by major media outlets such as MSNBC, WSJ, and the Boston Globe.
Redica Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.