- 1425 K St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is an alliance of large clean energy buyers, developers, and service providers who, together with NGO partners, are unlocking the marketplace for all non-residential energy buyers to lead a rapid transition to a cleaner, prosperous, zero-carbon energy future. REBA’s vision is a resilient zero-carbon energy system where every organization has a viable, expedient, and cost-effective pathway to renewable energy.
About the REBA Institute
The REBA Institute delivers transformational renewable energy research, thought leadership, and education to identify barriers, best practices, and solutions to today’s clean energy challenges.
The Program Coordinator will support both REBA’s events as well as the programmatic needs of the Supply Chain and International Collaboration and Education and Engagement teams. REBA Program Coordinators have exceptional communication, organizational and project coordination skills. The role is responsible for planning and managing projects and events, handling communications, and supporting relationship with key stakeholders, monitoring budgets, and providing input and support for projects, initiatives and programs under the direction of internal leaders.
We look for aptitude in project management, written and verbal communications, and teamwork. We expect self-motivation, curiosity, creativity, the ability to drive oneself and others toward meaningful results, and a passion for making the world better. Program Coordinators are independent contributors and work closely with a team on projects under the direction of more senior staff.
- Plan, manage, and support events, including in-personal and virtual.
- Contribute to and follow project plans in collaboration with senior staff to ensure on-time, on-budget completion.
- Provide detailed communications to members, stakeholders, and partners.
- Develop educational resources for REBA’s members to learn about aspects of the renewable energy market.
- Contribute to the growth and development of REBA by developing and sharing best practices.
- Track, follow, and understand developments in renewable energy markets and procurement practices.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- 2+ years of related work experience in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. Knowledge of renewable or sustainable energy field is preferred OR BA/BS degree or equivalent in education or experience.
- Passion for achieving REBA’s vision of a resilient zero-carbon energy system
- Shared commitment to REBA’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to listen actively and effectively, and present key points clearly and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand complex problems and develop insightful analyses using basic quantitative and qualitative approaches
- Willingness to support new initiatives and the flexibility to easily adjust priorities when new information is presented
REBA strives for pay equity, based on experience, qualifications, and performance. REBA's Coordinator / Sr. Coordinator salary band is $50,000 to 81,500 with a 5% bonus opportunity. We anticipate most candidates for this particular role to join REBA toward the beginning of the Associate range but more experienced professionals will be considered as well.
We offer competitive compensation plus a comprehensive benefits package that aims to develop a world class team by holistically supporting the individual. REBA believes that supporting all employees to have a full life, inside and outside of work, results in a team that feels personally engaged in REBA’s success.
• Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, with substantial employer subsidy
• 401(k), with employer match
• Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Generous Parental Leave for both mothers and fathers to bond when new children enter a family
• Commuter and Wellness Benefits
• Casual Work Environment
• Highly Flexible PTO
• Earned sabbatical policy
Our Commitment to Diversity
Achieving REBA’s vision of a resilient, zero-carbon energy system requires creative problem-solving and a wide range of perspectives; REBA knows that diversity not only makes our organization stronger, but also is foundational to our mission success.
REBA is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at REBA and is an important principle of sound business management.
Inclusion goes beyond diversity. All REBA staff shall be committed to accepting and encouraging different perspectives. Creative solutions to tough problems is fostered by respectful challenging of one another’s thoughts and assumptions. REBA will strive for inclusion also by being open to a variety of cultural practices and norms. We will strive to ever increase our understanding and unveil our unconscious biases.
REBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, caregiver status, and past, present or prospective service in the military in addition to any other protected categories required by state, federal or local regulations. Equal employment opportunity, applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, discipline, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits and training.