Coordinator / Sr. Coordinator, Membership & Philanthropy
- 1425 K St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is an alliance of large clean energy buyers, developers, and service providers who, together with NGO partners, are unlocking the marketplace for all non-residential energy buyers to lead a rapid transition to a cleaner, prosperous, zero-carbon energy future. REBA’s vision is a resilient zero-carbon energy system where every organization has a viable, expedient, and cost-effective pathway to renewable energy.
REBA seeks a Program Coordinator to support the growth of REBA via corporate memberships and philanthropic fundraising. The Coordinator will be a foundational team player to attract the world’s leading companies on clean energy adoption and funders heading up the fight against climate change.
This role will contribute to the Membership & Philanthropy team’s success in a foundational role, emphasizing:
· Program organization (e.g. tracking outreach and follow up)
· Collecting and analyzing metrics to measure progress (e.g. program deliverables and member engagement), and
· Creative thinking to resist mediocracy (e.g. supporting opportunities for rapid prototyping, solving members’ needs, and supporting solutions to market failures)
Success in this role will build on strong attention to detail, ability to anticipate program needs and manage upwards, an excitement for measurable programmatic progress, and a deep commitment to the mission of REBA: a resilient, zero-carbon energy system built in collaboration with its membership.
- Coordinator-level candidates will have either an associate or undergraduate degree or certificates in a relevant field such as project management; sales; marketing; or if no professional degree or certificate, the equivalent in professional experience
- Sr. Coordinator-level candidates will have a relevant graduate degree, or an undergraduate degree and 2 or more years’ experience, or the equivalent in professional experience
- Passion for achieving REBA’s vision of a resilient zero-carbon energy system
- Shared commitment to REBA’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE)
- Hands-on experience with SRMs and project management tools; experience with Salesforce; Monday.com; or others
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to listen actively and effectively, and present key points clearly and accurately, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand complex problems and develop insightful analyses using basic quantitative and qualitative approaches
- Willingness to support new initiatives and the flexibility to easily adjust priorities when new information is presented
REBA is currently encouraging remote work due to the global pandemic. Our Washington DC office has partial reopening. When there is medical consensus that office reopenings are appropriate, this position can be based either in Washington, DC or Boulder, CO.
We offer competitive compensation plus a comprehensive benefits package that aims to develop a world class team by holistically supporting the individual. REBA believes that supporting all employees to have a full life, inside and outside of work, results in a team that feels personally engaged in REBA’s success.
• Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, with substantial employer subsidy
• 401(k), with employer match
• Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Generous Parental Leave for both mothers and fathers to bond when new children enter a family
• Commuter and Wellness Benefits
• Casual Work Environment
• Highly Flexible PTO
• Earned sabbatical policy
Our Commitment to Diversity
Achieving REBA’s vision of a resilient, zero-carbon energy system requires creative problem-solving and a wide range of perspectives; REBA knows that diversity not only makes our organization stronger, but also is foundational to our mission success.
REBA is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at REBA and is an important principle of sound business management.
Inclusion goes beyond diversity. All REBA staff shall be committed to accepting and encouraging different perspectives. Creative solutions to tough problems is fostered by respectful challenging of one another’s thoughts and assumptions. REBA will strive for inclusion also by being open to a variety of cultural practices and norms. We will strive to ever increase our understanding and unveil our unconscious biases.
REBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, caregiver status, and past, present or prospective service in the military in addition to any other protected categories required by state, federal or local regulations. Equal employment opportunity, applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, discipline, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits and training.