Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
- Remote (Covid Restrictions) Eventually Onsite, New Brunswick, NJ, United States
RCH Solutions is a rapidly growing global provider of computational science expertise within Life Sciences and Healthcare. At RCH Solutions, our team rallies around a culture crafted for learning and achieving. We’re relentless in our pursuit for innovation and demanding of ourselves to deliver a ground-breaking computing experience for our clients, so that they can deliver life-saving science to humanity.
RCH Solutions is seeking an engineer with experience in deploying and managing AWS cloud infrastructure for a new regulated platform for real world evidence and clinical data. The right candidate will also handle operational support for a large and growing data science platform (Domino Data Labs). You will function as a team member supporting Linux-based Kubernetes clusters, databases, and other cloud infrastructure. Our ideal candidate is an experienced and talented Cloud Engineer who will be instrumental in transforming how IT computing services are leveraged to support our client's growth. This role will involve driving architecture, roadmaps, and execution of projects to establish and operate cloud IT infrastructure services. You will develop and implement AWS CloudOps best practices for customers and RCH applications teams; engaging in the fast moving realm of Life Sciences, prioritizing innovation. The cloud landscape is continuously evolving, with new tools and services being released daily. You know how to distinguish hype from reality and are comfortable making recommendations that best suit our clients’ needs.
- Support for platform updates and enhancements including testing and implementation
- Setup and configuration of AWS cloud infrastructure for new platform builds
- Ensure that all systems are compliant with company security standards and applicable regulatory requirements
- Troubleshoot operational issues as they arise on supported platforms, and escalate to other IT units as necessary
- 2+ years of professional experience in Solution Architecture or Cloud Infrastructure Deployment
- Experience configuring AWS compute and storage platforms including EC2, RDS, S3, and Athena
- Experience deploying and managing Kubernetes clusters including but not limited to EKS
- Excellent communication skills, including preparation of written documentation for IT colleagues and data science end users
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Has good knowledge of deploying or supporting GxP systems
- Experience using Domino Data Labs
- Proficient in building Docker images
- Experience with CI/CD for building and launching Kubernetes Pods.
- Python, R, or other related data science programming language
- Experience using shell scripting, automation tools, and configuration management
- Git, BitBucket, or other version control tools
Great talent should benefit from a great work environment. If you join our team, you’ll have access to:
- A competitive salary and bonus package based on experience.
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Company-provided Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Company-sponsored 401(k) Plan.
- Team-focused culture and unlimited opportunity for advancement.