- Remote or Onsite, Boston, MA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
RCH Solutions is a rapidly growing global provider of computational science expertise within Life Sciences and Healthcare. At RCH Solutions, our team rallies around a culture crafted for learning and achieving. We’re relentless in our pursuit for innovation and demanding of ourselves to deliver a ground-breaking computing experience for our clients, so that they can deliver life-saving science to humanity.
As a Systems Engineer for RCH Solutions you will design, develop and integrate complex applications while understanding and evaluating system requirements. Our ideal candidate will work with a skilled team of engineers to continuously identify solutions, implement fixes and promote best practices for our clients innovating and dynamic needs. This position allows you to be a trusted advisor to our clients and support some of the most cutting edge scientific research on earth.
- Create detailed reports; Monitor & test application performance for potential problems.
- Identify possible solutions, and work with engineers/developers to implement fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency.
- Install, configure, and monitor systems during scheduling and automation process.
- Coordinate with company vendors.
- Improve network performance and provide data, computing, storage and network management services.
- 3+ years of experience in Linux/UNIX Administration and Engineering (flavors of Linux can be RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu or Solaris).
- 3+ years of scripting experience preferably with Python or Shell. Legacy experience with Perl is a plus.
- 2+ years experience supporting databases such as Oracle, SQL and relational databases such as MySQL and/or PostgreSQL.
- Previous Application support experience.
- Scheduler and Cluster HPC experience is necessary.
- Enterprise disk management in a Linux environment; (LVM, DAS, NAS)
- Experience with DevOps principles such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef.
- Experience supporting containerized workloads such as Docker.
- Knowledge of networking and storage principles such as TCP/IP networking, DNS, SMTP, RAID configuration and others
- RedHat Certifications are a plus.
- Cloud experience for implementations and migrations are preferred.
- Previous experience in the Biotech-Pharma space collaborating with scientists preferred!
- Knowledge of GPU Computing is a plus.
Great talent should benefit from a great work environment. If you join our team, you’ll have access to:
- A competitive salary and bonus package based on experience.
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Company-provided Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Company-sponsored 401(k) Plan.
- Team-focused culture and unlimited opportunity for advancement.