- Remote or Onsite, Boston, MA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
RCH Solutions is a rapidly growing global provider of computational science expertise within Life Sciences and Healthcare. At RCH Solutions, our team rallies around a culture crafted for learning and achieving. We’re relentless in our pursuit for innovation and demanding of ourselves to deliver a ground-breaking computing experience for our clients, so that they can deliver life-saving science to humanity.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist-level Computational Immunologist to join the Precision Immunology Cluster. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in the development and application of biostatistical, computational and machine learning methods to solve biological problems, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to learn and acquire new techniques and methodologies. Our ideal candidate will be a highly motivated computational scientist and will get to lead silico-analytical projects for a Global Life Sciences customer whom we provide scientific computing services. The projects within this world-class team involve patients stratification and novel target identification in the fields of Type 2 Immunity and Fibrosis, Immune Checkpoint Biology, Type 1 Diabetes, Autoimmunity and Innate Immunity.
You will be expected to lead and execute analytical projects and develop analytical strategies for the identification of novel therapeutic targets, the discovery of predictive biomarkers for patients’ stratification, and analysis of molecular, real-world and clinical data to assess drug (re-)positioning opportunities.
This exciting role will provide talented scientists the opportunity to translate their data-driven developments and ideas into novel therapeutic hypotheses.
- Lead projects to Identify candidate therapeutic targets and biomarkers for immunology, through integrated analysis of high-throughput molecular data, real-world data and clinical phenotypes.
- Explore opportunities to re-position existing drugs in novel indications.
- Collaborate with wet-lab and computational scientific teams and champion projects from discovery to early clinical development.
- Develop innovative and creative computational approaches to understand complex immune conditions using multi-dimensional –omics and clinical data.
- Establish interactions with collaborators within and outside the Immunology and Inflammation Research and Early Development Therapeutic Area.
- PhD in quantitative science (Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics) with strong foundations in Biology and Drug Development OR PhD in Biology/Immunology with strong foundations of computer science/programming/statistics/bioinformatics.
- 4+ years project-based work in computational/quantitative data analysis in immunology.
- Strong coding experience in R and/or Python and application to biological problems.
- Proficiency in using modern machine learning methods, causal inference and biostatistics.
- Strong interest in immunological diseases, liaise with scientists from Immunology and inflammation to help define and address biological questions with computational and analytical approaches.
- Ability to develop, benchmark and apply predictive and explanatory algorithms to identify novel biomarkers, dissect gene/disease relationships and generate hypotheses.
- Experience with large biological sets and Data Integration.
- Excellent written, oral communication / team skills.
Great talent should benefit from a great work environment. If you join our team, you’ll have access to:
- A competitive salary and bonus package based on experience.
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Company-provided Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Company-sponsored 401(k) Plan.
- Team-focused culture and unlimited opportunity for advancement.