Technical Support Scientist (6 months)
- Edinburgh, UK
Building on 30 years of experience in transfusion diagnostics, Quotient is a commercial-stage diagnostics company committed to delivering solutions that reshape the way diagnostics is practiced. Quotient has two key product portfolios, Alba by Quotient and MosaiQTM by Quotient. The Alba by Quotient product range is comprised of high-quality reagents used to keep laboratories around the world running efficiently. They are sold directly to laboratories or through our OEM partners. MosaiQ™ by Quotient is our proprietary multiplex microarray technology, offering the world’s first fully automated, consolidated testing platform, allowing for multiple tests across different modalities. MosaiQ™ is designed to be a game-changing solution, which we believe will increase efficiencies, improve clinical practice, deliver significant workflow improvements and operational cost savings to laboratories around the world. Quotient’s operations are based in Eysins/Switzerland, Edinburgh/Scotland and Newtown/Pennsylvania.
Quotient is recruiting for a 6-month fixed term Technical Support Scientist to join the Technical Support team based near Edinburgh, Scotland (EH26 0BF). This role entails the performance of testing (primarily Blood Group Serology) of Quotient products in accordance with operational objectives, statutory and regulatory requirements and the principles of GMP in support of products which are marketed in the EU and USA. The department carries out serological investigation in response to technical enquiries and customer complaints. The team also has responsibility for the coordination and management of the stability program for Quotient products.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Analytical testing of raw material, in process and final product in support of technical enquiries and customer complaints.
- Bench marking of Quotient reagents compared to competitors
- Preparation of reports as required
- Participation in projects and validation activities as required
- Execute and control specific processes and test procedures in accordance with SOP's, GMP and Health and Safety Policies ensuring consistency and compliance with all operational policies
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant laboratory experience in a GMP environment
- Experience in blood group serology
- Competitive salary and benefits on offer
- Quotient offer a range of core and flexible benefits
- Closing date: 8th July 2020