Technical Support Lead
- Edinburgh, UK
Quotient is a well-established bio-manufacturing organisation where we develop and manufacture high quality, high value, in vitro diagnostic, immunohaematology (blood banking) products which are sold to hospitals and blood banks around the world. We offer contract services to the bioscience industry and currently manufacture products for major global players in the Life Sciences sectors. Development and manufacturing capabilities include pilot and large-scale mammalian cell culture, polyclonal antibody formulation, liquid fill, and packaging. The company is poised for significant growth in this specialized field of medicine through the development and commercialisation of the next generation automated platform for transfusion diagnostics, MosaiQ™. Quotient manufactures according to current Good Manufacturing Practice. With our facilities growing in Edinburgh, Switzerland and the US, now is an exciting time to join the company as we advance our product portfolio!
Quotient is recruiting for a Technical Support Lead to join the Technical Support team based in Penicuik, EH26 0BF. The role is a full time, permanent position working flexible hours.
This role entails serving as the primary customer-facing member of the Technical Support team for both current and potential customers. The role will champion the verbal and written response to customer technical enquiries and complaints and will involve regular interaction with other Quotient departments. Involvement in technical education, including the creation and delivery of material and presentations on current and new-to-the-market products within the company and for outside entities is expected.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Customer liaison to internal departments, supporting technical enquiry requests and responses
- Customer communications, including responses to product complaints and enquiries
- Coordination of investigations and implementations to address customer issues
- Training of internal and external groups on Quotient products
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant science subject or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical blood banking knowledge and/or experience
- Medical Laboratory experience in blood banking or disease screening
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Competitive salary on offer
- Quotient offer a range of core and flexible benefits ranging from private medical cover, life assurance, cycle to work, technology, and restaurant discounts
- Closing date: 03 July 2020