Engineering Technician (Fixed Term)
- Edinburgh, UK
Quotient is a well-established bio-manufacturing organisation where we develop and manufacture high quality, high value, in vitro diagnostic, immunohaematology (blood banking) products which are sold to hospitals and blood banks around the world. We offer contract services to the bioscience industry and currently manufacture products for major global players in the Life Sciences sectors. Development and manufacturing capabilities include pilot and large-scale mammalian cell culture, polyclonal antibody formulation, liquid fill, and packaging. The company is poised for significant growth in this specialized field of medicine through the development and commercialisation of the next generation automated platform for transfusion diagnostics, MosaiQ™. Quotient manufactures according to current Good Manufacturing Practice. With our facilities growing in Edinburgh, Switzerland and the US, now is an exciting time to join the company as we advance our product portfolio!
Quotient are recruiting for an Engineering Technician to join the Operations Department based in Edinburgh for a six month fixed term contract. The primary function entails providing the required Engineering support to ensure Manufacturing and Facility equipment is calibrated, optimised and functioning to expected operating parameters, resulting in reduced downtime, increased yield and maximum quality.
- Responsible for performing all engineering tasks associated with laboratory, production and facility equipment including rudimentary repairs to building fittings and fabric.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work undertaken complies with Health & Safety legislation, SOP’s, statutory/regulatory requirements and principals of cGMP.
- Conduct all duties in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Good Documentation Practice (GDP) and appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Time served Engineer, SVQ/NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Relevant Engineering academic qualification [Mechanical or Electrical] NC/HNC in Engineering
- Health & Safety training/qualification.
- Relevant experience working in a similar Engineering GMP Medical device/Pharmaceutical environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Role includes driving between Edinburgh sites, occasional overtime and on-call rota.