Designer - Specifier
- Miami, FL, USA
Quest Re|Source is a New York City based Search & Recruitment Agency specializing in Contract Furniture Nationwide. Our client is one of the Nation's leading Contract Furniture Dealerships with offices throughout the East Coast.
The function of this position is to manage the execution and coordination of Design projects in coordination with Design Manager and/or Salesperson/Account Manager. In this role, advanced software experience and the ability to train others is a required This position will hold responsibilities in the areas of facility planning, drafting/CAD, furniture and finish selection, color and materials application, as well as graphic and verbal presentations to ensure we are Delivering Perfect. Additional expectations include an advanced understanding of design software as well the ability to mentor and train Junior Designers..
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Create drawings in AutoCAD and/or CET (typicals, furniture plans, 3D’s)
- Check other designers specifications
- Consistent updates to Design Manager
- Continuous project updates with sales team
- Maintenance of internal reporting systems, i.e. time sheets and project files
- Adhere to deadlines of key deliverables
- Prepare installation drawings and supporting documents (specs)
- Identify areas that need field verification and coordinate actual dimensions with final plan
- Inventory existing product; incorporate in furniture plans and specifications
- Create sample boards
- Continuing education related to product updates and industry trends
- Finish selection
- Create specifications and .sif files (including key schedules and tagging)
- Revise drawings and specs (including .sif) when required
- Assist with budget pricing
- Interior Design Degree from accredited University
- 3-5 years industry experience
- Some CAP and/or CET experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proven organizational and follow-through skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work hours as needed to support team and meet customer expectations
- Train and/or mentor other designers
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Ability to work additional hours as needed to support team and meet customer expectations is expected from time-to-time.
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
- Good time management skills. Self-directed
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.