Appliance Technician Mechanic
- 65 MH Street, Majuro, Marshall Islands, United States
Quantum Dynamics, Inc. (Quantum) is a Women-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business that is SBA certified, headquartered in McLean, Virginia. The company is a service oriented firm with a rich corporate history of quality, responsive service and multi-disciplinary staff having the requisite education, specialized training, and experience to meet the exact needs of all their clients. Quantum focuses on providing quality Engineering, Information Technology, Logistics, Business Management, and Technical Support Services to professional, government, and scientific organizations.
Responsible to perform all repair, installation, and maintenance duties required by customers. The Appliance Technician’s responsibilities include responding to calls to fix gas leaks, testing the functioning of newly-installed appliances and making adjustments as needed, and informing customers of future maintenance work that may be required. You should also be able to refer to appliance manuals to resolve difficult problems.
To be successful as an Appliance Technician, you should keep abreast of the latest technologies and developments in home appliances. Ultimately, an outstanding Appliance Repair Technician should be able to demonstrate excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills as well as achieve exceptional customer service.flush boilers, descale tubing; rebuild pressure and temperature safety valves and water pumps. As Appliance Technician, you should keep abreast of the latest technologies and developments in home appliances. Ultimately, an outstanding Appliance Repair Technician should be able to demonstrate excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills as well as achieve exceptional customer service.
- Examining government's appliances and identifying the cause of appliance breakdowns.
- Performing maintenance work on government’s appliances.
- Providing rough estimates to customers on how much it would cost to repair damaged or malfunctioning appliances.
- Repairing or replacing defective or damaged appliance components upon approval from customers.
- Advising customers on how to use appliances correctly.
- Installing various large appliances for customers, such as washers, wall ovens, and stoves.
- Maintaining an accurate record of all items/parts used to repair, replace, or maintain appliances.
- High school diploma or GED.
- National Appliance Service Technician Certification (NASTeC) is advantageous.
- Proven experience repairing, installing, and maintaining home appliances.
- The ability to use various hand tools.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to lift heavy objects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.