- 240 2nd Street, Macon, GA, us
- Quantum Dynamics, Inc. (Quantum) is a Women-Owned, Small Disadvantaged Business that is SBA certified, headquartered in McLean, Virginia. The company is a service oriented firm with a rich corporate history of quality, responsive service and multi-disciplinary staff having the requisite education, specialized training, and experience to meet the exact needs of all their clients. Quantum focuses on providing quality Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Logistics, Business Management, and Training Support Services to professional, government, and scientific organizations.
Plans, develops, and directs the daily functions of the Finance Department ensuring Quantum maintains sound financial structure. Responsibilities include personnel, determining financial objectives, policies, and practices, managing the accounting and control functions, and overseeing the management of contracts with partners of federal grants.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department. in accordance with the CEO's objectives.
- Develops and administers the internal accounting control system, including determining budgets, cost standards, and necessary controls and procedures to implement the plan. Ensures that accounts, records and related documentation are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate standards, and contract requirements.
- Reviews and approves budgets, financial statements and other reports for the Operations team; reviews and approves budgets and other reports related to the organization’s contracts with funding sources.
- Oversees and monitors the negotiation and execution of contracts with partners of federal grants. Duties include ensuring contractual obligations with funding sources are met, and providing information on financial-related matters of programs, contracts and subcontracts.
- Oversees the annual financial audit and various agency audits throughout the year.
- Consults with management on issues related to fiscal operations and contractual obligations with funding sources.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes actual financial performance compared to operating plans and standards; interprets the results for management.
- Assists the President in the formulation of corporate objectives and execution of special projects.
- Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field. (Master's Degree Preferred)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Ten or more years of accounting and progressively responsible experience in fiscal/financial management. Significant experience in or knowledge of the management of government contracts.
- Supervisory skills necessary to effectively manage the daily operations and administration of assigned function.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with partners and employees and to effectively negotiate contracts with funding partners.
- Mental ability to handle pressures related to meeting deadlines, working on multiple tasks requiring concentration and attention to detail, and organizing projects in the context of the whole organization.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.