Senior Data Engineer (m/w/t)
- Berlin, Germany
- Department: Tech
At Quandoo, we bring gastronomy and technology together.
Since launching in December 2012, we have continuously grown and are now active in 12 countries around the world such as Australia, Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom. With plans to develop even further and international team of 500+ employees globally, our mission is clear: To transform the world’s dining-out experiences.
We offer diners the opportunity to discover and make reservations at restaurants via our website or mobile app. We also provide restaurants with innovative management tools that enable them to build relationships with new & existing guests, streamline their day-to-day service and maximise their overall potential.
As an employer, we strive to create a positive and inclusive working environment. We value openness, integrity and encourage our employees to enjoy a healthy work-home balance.
As a member of the Data Engineering Team, you will be responsible for:
- development and upkeep of data ingestions and processing pipelines for data used by analysts in other teams
- monitoring and maintenance of data quality and reliability
- working with business analysts and bring results of their work under your management
- support analysts with technical expertise and tooling
- translating requirements of reporting users for platform backend developers
- Sound programming skills, preferably preferably Python + Scala
- High proficiency in SQL
- Understanding of ETL concepts, tools and technologies (e.g. Dataflow, Airflow)
- Understanding of DWH concepts, architecture and technologies (e.g. Redshift, BigQuery)
- Past experience with cloud technologies (preferably GCP)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and keep up to speed with modern “big data” tech
- Analytical mind and drive to back decisions with data
- Professional level of English, additional languages is a plus
Nice to have :
- Understanding of web and mobile tracking technologies (GA, GTM, Adjust, Leanplum)
- Understanding of ML methods and tools (model creation, Scikit-learn)
- Experience with event driven data processing (Kafka, Kinesis)
- Experience with AWS stack (EC2, DMS, Athena...)
- Experience with other BigData tools (e.g. Spark, Hadoop)
What we offer:
- Attractive perks – access to Quandoo’s pension scheme as well as various fitness and lifestyle benefits
- Modern equipment – state-of-the-art laptop & tools needed for optimal work results
- Fun working environment – opportunity to collaborate with highly motivated colleagues and attend company parties, the weekly Qweekend and Quandoo’s Global Summit
- Work-home balance – flexible working hours, home office possibilities and up to 30 days of vacation
- High level of responsibility – the chance to hit the ground running from day one and shape your own career path
Want to be part of Quandoo’s future? Apply now!