Senior Java Engineer (m/f/x)
- Berlin, Germany
At Quandoo, we bring gastronomy and technology together.
Since launching in December 2012, we have continuously grown and are now active in 12 countries around the world such as Australia, Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom. With plans to develop even further and international team of 500+ employees globally, our mission is clear: To transform the world’s dining-out experiences.
We offer diners the opportunity to discover and make reservations at restaurants via our website or mobile app. We also provide restaurants with innovative management tools that enable them to build relationships with new & existing guests, streamline their day-to-day service and maximise their overall potential.
As an employer, we strive to create a positive and inclusive working environment. We value openness, integrity and encourage our employees to enjoy a healthy work-home balance.
Develop innovative software tools, applications, services, and platforms to enhance Quandoo's internal systems and product portfolio
Create robust high-volume production applications, as well as prototype development
Manage the entire product lifecycle - from the first lines of code to continuous maintenance in production.
Keeping up-to-date with industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies
Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of market developments
Your Minimum Qualifications
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Extensive programming experience in Java with strong object oriented skills
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in software development
A solid foundation in computer science, and be highly experienced with data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Specialization in large scale software systems, service oriented architectures, and REST based API design
- Outstanding analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with UNIX/Linux, distributed systems, web-based systems, and open web standards
- Extensive knowledge of database systems and ORM frameworks
- Pragmatic and detail oriented programmer applying XP principles
- Deep knowledge and production ready skillset of at least one web application container
- Good sense for applying metrics throughout a platform stack including technical and business metrics
- Good communication skills, high proficiency in English (German is a plus)
What we offer:
- Attractive perks – access to Quandoo’s pension scheme as well as various fitness and lifestyle benefits
- Modern equipment – state-of-the-art laptop & tools needed for optimal work results
- Fun working environment – opportunity to collaborate with highly motivated colleagues and attend company parties, the weekly Qweekend and Quandoo’s Global Summit
- Work-home balance – flexible working hours, home office possibilities and up to 30 days of vacation
- High level of responsibility – the chance to hit the ground running from day one and shape your own career path
Want to be part of Quandoo’s future? Apply now!