Data Engineer - Berlin (m/w/t)
- Berlin, Germany
Quandoo is the fastest-growing real-time reservations platform for restaurants. As a technology-enabled marketplace, Quandoo is equipping its partner restaurants with an industry-leading reservations management system that digitalizes a restaurant’s inventory and makes it accessible in real-time from web and mobile channels. Restaurateurs can leverage the reach of Quandoo’s reservation platform to boost their customer base, drive utilization in low-traffic times and generate additional business on-demand. Quandoo provides diners the easiest way to explore the restaurant space and reserve a table at their restaurant of choice. With just a few clicks diners select from a wide range of local favorites to Michelin-starred gourmet restaurants. Having chosen a restaurant, diners receive instant confirmations on their reservations and benefit from loyalty points.
Quandoo was founded in 2012, with its headquarters in Berlin, Germany and international footprints in Western Europe, CEE, APAC, and the Nordics. With a dynamic, international team of 360 employees globally, our vision is to become the world’s leading marketplace for all dining experiences.
As a member of the BI Team, you will be responsible for report generation, evaluation as well as the development of the Business Intelligence and Reporting System Infrastructure. This includes:
- Development of DWH to meet the reporting and analysis needs of all departments
- Creation of department related datamarts
- Ensure sound maintenance and management of data integration and data quality
- Make data available for reporting and analysis in a timely manner
- Support core processes across the business (e.g., global invoicing, global sales commission, etc.)
- Support the team documenting business requirements and specs for DWH/data mart
- Work with real-time data streams from multiple internal/external sources.
- 3rd party integrations
- Building API clients
- BI/data/ETL related development and maintenance
- Sound programming skills, preferably in Python
- Understanding of data manipulation, data storage, and ETL
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and keep up to speed with modern “big data” tech
- An analytical mind and drive to back up decisions with data
- Professional level of English, additional languages is a plus
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with ETL tools like Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle), Matillion ETL, Fivetran
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with Google API
- Understanding of web and mobile tracking technologies (GA, GTM, Snowplow, Adjust, …)
- Experience with AWS stack (Redshift, EC2, DMS, Athena…)
- Experience with BigData technologies: Spark, Hadoop, Kafka...
- Experience with Pandas, Numpy and Scikit-Learn
You have the chance to get a job in a rapidly growing international company, which calls you from day one and lets you grow. If you have the desire to participate with enthusiasm and ownership in the further expansion and development of one of Germany's most successful internet business, then we are the right place for you! Of course, we offer you much more:
- No boredom! Quandoo is an everyday challenging working place
- You will directly work together with the decision makers, so you can influence the organizational development
- You get the opportunity to take responsibility and to conduct your own projects
We offer you an easily accessible workplace in one of Berlin's trendy area