Professional Development Assistant Registrar
- Remote - Annapolis, MD, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Quality Matters (QM) is an international organization that is recognized as a leader in quality assurance for online education. QM is a nonprofit organization comprised of a dedicated staff that works together virtually—from cities all over the United States—to support everyone’s quality assurance goals.
The Professional Development Assistant Registrar is responsible for coordinating and executing logistical aspects of Quality Matters professional development web conferencing workshops and supporting other logistical and administrative aspects of QM’s professional development programs, including enrollment and registration processes, database entry and information management, logistics of delivery, and follow-up, in coordination with the other Professional Development staff. In this role, the Assistant Registrar will support:
- The Quality Matters™ (QM) organization toward the achievement of QM’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives.
- Implementation of the strategic goals and objectives of the Quality Matters™, as defined by the QM Board of Directors, through the administration of certain aspects of QMs Professional Development.
In fulfillment of the responsibilities, the Assistant Registrar will:
- Coordinate the dedicated session registration process for Higher Education web conferencing workshops.
- Manage the dedicated session processes for web conferencing workshops
- Ensure QM database has accurate and current data for web conferencing workshops
- Propose changes to online PD guidelines and processes
- Ensure registered participants have information to access the course
- Assist in resolving registration issues with facilitators, participants, and institutional clients
- Ensure accuracy of all professional development communications (phone, email, website, etc.)
- Schedule facilitators for all web conferencing workshops in coordination with the Senior Manager of Professional Development
- Coordinate with Chief Financial Officer (CFO) on billing for each web conferencing workshop to ensure the course roster is accurate and ready to be invoiced
- Coordinate all preparatory work for all web conferencing sessions, communicate with participants prior to and on-the-day of workshop, and update information throughout the process
- Manage Professional Development Technologies
- Set up all web conferencing workshop sessions and coordinate the Professional Development schedule for these workshops
- Coordinate with technology staff to ensure web conferencing workshop participants and facilitators are properly enrolled, and edit enrollments, as needed
- Manage Professional Development Processes
- Coordinate the plan, schedule, and promote Quality Matters Success Stories
- Assist in the creation of quarterly online training schedules in order to meet or exceed budget goals
- Check facilitator parameters document for compliance
- Verify and approve facilitator stipends
- Coordinate training administration process with K-12 Program Manager
- Manage Internal and External Relationships
- Communicate (via phone, email, website, etc.) trainings products and processes, as needed to clients and QM staff
- Coordinate with Professional Development staff and contractors to enforce Quality Matters standards, policies, and practices across the curriculum
- Monitor, evaluate, or record web conferencing workshop activities and program effectiveness
- Provide recommendations to Quality Matters leadership on revisions to products, service, and processes in order to meet subscriber needs and expectations
- Provide regular updates to QM Professional Development Registrar on issues, and progress, at staff meetings
- Alert QM Professional Development Registrar about any participant concerns, and recommend action to address
- Collaborate as a member of the Quality Matters Team
- Coordinate and cooperate with Quality Matters staff to ensure that QM’s mission, programs, products, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- Other Duties as Assigned
Self-starter, capable of being productive in a fast-moving virtual office environment with the following qualifications and desired skills:
Bachelor’s degree in business, education, or related field
One year working experience in post-secondary education
Two years or more of administrative experience working in non-profit organizations
At least two years of experience with online education
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with email and phone
Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-moving, virtual work environment
Willingness to learn proprietary database systems as well as other software packages
Dependable, demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast- moving, virtual work environment
Strong organizational skills and time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines consistently
Ability to multi-task with high attention to detail
Must have access to reliable, high-speed internet
Three or more years working experience in post-secondary education or within a corporate learning and development department
One or more years of virtual work experience, with demonstrated successes both independently and as part of a team in a fast-moving work environment
Contract negotiation and preparation experience
Knowledge of logistics principles
Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques
Demonstrated problem solving, critical and creative thinking skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Cloud file sharing or collaborative software
- Video conferencing software, Zoom
- Database management, CRM, ERP software
QM operates a virtual office, and this will be a remote, home-based position. Applicants must reside in one of the following states to be considered for this position: CT, FL, IL, IN, KS, MD, MI, MO, NM, NV, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, or WA. You should also have access to reliable high-speed internet.
The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $47,000. We provide our employees with a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, 401(k), 12 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick leave.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a telecommuting and/or home office environment. The work in this role is conducted primarily through the use of computers or computer-based and internet technology as well as other office productivity machinery such as a computer printer. As such, the job is largely sedentary and requires continual and sustained operation of a computer. The person in this position frequently communicates with peers, colleagues and staff in both synchronous and asynchronous modalities. Must be able to exchange accurate information. This role requires occasional travel to conferences and meetings.
Long periods of being in a stationary position; operating a computer and other office equipment; frequently communicating by phone and email; occasionally moves supplies and/or equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
Regardless of physical location, all QM employees are required to be available to attend the synchronous core schedule of Monday through Friday, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, EST and participate in weekly staff meetings. (Exceptions on a per case basis)
Come join Quality Matters and help us promote and improve the quality of online education and student learning. Please submit a cover letter and resume. Quality Matters is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.