IT Network Specialist
- Annapolis, MD, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Quality Matters (QM) is an international organization that is recognized as a leader in quality assurance for online education. QM is a nonprofit organization comprised of a dedicated staff that works together virtually—from cities all over the United States—to support everyone’s quality assurance goals.
We are currently seeking IT Network Specialist to ensure network and technology-related issues are reviewed and resolved in a timely and effective manner, helping to ensure smooth operations across the organization and among QM stakeholders using QM services and platforms.
Working remotely, the IT Network Specialist serves as the point of contact for ensuring functionality and operability of the assigned IT systems, data systems, online platforms, and related functions, voice and wireless systems to support QM internal and external stakeholders.
Specifically, this role will:
- Assist the Network Administrator with server setup and management.
- Assist in system administration and web operations support across AWS and Azure clouds environments, using DevOps principles to help to deliver quicker and efficient software and cloud transformations.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve network, hardware and software problems working with vendors, internal, and remote staff as necessary.
- Administer VPN setup and maintenance for staff devices.
- Work routine service tickets related to Wi-Fi access, user provisioning and de-provisioning, backup restorations, etc.
- Perform tasks necessary for the ongoing support of end users. Assist employees on product, process, and application issues.
- Stay current on Information Technology industry standards and best practices.
- Collaborate as a member of the Quality Matters Team.
-Coordinate and cooperate with Quality Matters staff to ensure Quality Matters mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
-Work with QM staff to meet the strategic goals and objectives of the organization.
-Regardless of physical location, all QM employees are required to be available to attend the synchronous core schedule of M-F, 10a-3p, ET and participate in weekly staff meetings.
-Attend in-person QM conferences and any required organizational or planning meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have an Associates degree in Technology or related field with at least two years of direct experience with server maintenance.You should also have:
- Strong working knowledge of VPN setup and maintenance.
- Strong working knowledge of server setup & maintenance.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016, proficient with advanced features of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Basic knowledge of networking and TCP/IP.
- Mastery of the basic function of such programs as Microsoft Office, Google Apps & Gmail, Skype, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Familiarity with, or be willing to learn the operations of company-specific cloud services for internal tasking and client-facing ticketing systems.
- General understanding of tablet operating systems, various social media platforms and their optimal use, customer relations management software (CRM), and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Must have access to reliable high-speed internet.
Required Technology Proficiencies
- Intermediate to advanced user knowledge of:
-Enterprise Web Applications (client-facing)
-Project Management Tools (Basecamp)
-Document Management Systems (Alfresco)
-SQL -preferred, and SQL Reporting Tools (Navicat)
-Learning Management Systems (Canvas -preferred)
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new applications and SaaS solutions.
- Expert user windows based OS and iOS.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office applications, i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
- Advanced user status with Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in virtual communications, specifically video conferencing (Skype and Zoom), email, and phone.
- 2 years’ experience using collaborative, cloud-based workflow management programs in a team environment.
- Expert user of email and real-time digital communication tools.
- CompTIA A+
- Microsoft (MCSE, MCSA, MTA)
- Apple (ACSP, ACTC)
QM operates a virtual office, and this will be a remote, home-based position. Applicants must reside in one of the following states to be considered for this position: CT, FL, IL, IN, KS, MD, MI, MO, NM, NV, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, or WA. You should also have access to reliable high-speed internet.
The salary range for this position is $40,000 - $55,000. We provide our employees with a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, 401(k), 12 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick leave.
Long periods of being in a stationary position; operating a computer and other office equipment; frequently communicating by phone and email; occasionally moves supplies and/or equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
Come join Quality Matters and help us promote and improve the quality of online education and student learning. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Quality Matters is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.