Professional Development Assistant Registrar (Temporary)
- Annapolis, MD, USA
Quality Matters (QM) is an international organization that is recognized as a leader in quality assurance for online education. QM is a nonprofit organization comprised of a dedicated staff that works together virtually—from cities all over the United States—to support everyone’s quality assurance goals.
Exempt and Full-time (40 hrs/wk). This is a temporary three month contract with the possibility to renew.
This position is remote/telecommuting in nature.
- To support the Quality Matters™ (QM) organization toward the achievement of QM’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives.
- To support implementation of the strategic goals and objectives of the Quality Matters™, as defined by the QM Board of Directors, through the administration of certain aspects of QMs Professional Development.
The Professional Development Assistant Registrar is responsible for coordinating and executing logistical aspects of Quality Matters professional development web conferencing workshops and supporting other logistical and administrative aspects of QM’s professional development programs, including enrollment and registration processes, database entry and information management, logistics of delivery, and follow-up, in coordination with the other Professional Development staff.
Coordinate the dedicated session registration process for Higher Education web conferencing workshops.
- Manage the dedicated session processes for web conferencing workshops
- Ensure QM database has accurate and current data for web conferencing workshops
- Propose changes to online PD guidelines and processes
- Ensure registered participants have information to access the course
- Assist in resolving registration issues with facilitators, participants, and institutional clients
- Ensure accuracy of all professional development communications (phone, email, website, etc.)
- Schedule facilitators for all web conferencing workshops in coordination with the Senior Manager of Professional Development
- Coordinate with Chief Financial Officer (CFO) on billing for each web conferencing workshop to ensure the course roster is accurate and ready to be invoiced
- Coordinate all preparatory work for all web conferencing sessions, communicate with participants prior to and on-the-day of workshop, and update information throughout the process
Manage Professional Development Technologies
- Set up all web conferencing workshop sessions and coordinate the Professional Development schedule for these workshops
- Coordinate with technology staff to ensure web conferencing workshop participants and facilitators are properly enrolled, and edit enrollments, as needed
Manage Professional Development Processes
- Coordinate the plan, schedule, and promote Quality Matters Success Stories
- Assist in the creation of quarterly online training schedules in order to meet or exceed budget goals
- Check facilitator parameters document for compliance
- Verify and approve facilitator stipends
- Coordinate training administration process with K-12 Program Manager
Manage Internal and External Relationships
- Communicate (via phone, email, website, etc.) trainings products and processes, as needed to clients and QM staff
- Coordinate with Professional Development staff and contractors to enforce Quality Matters standards, policies, and practices across the curriculum
- Monitor, evaluate, or record web conferencing workshop activities and program effectiveness
- Provide recommendations to Quality Matters leadership on revisions to products, service, and processes in order to meet subscriber needs and expectations
- Provide regular updates to QM Professional Development Registrar on issues, and progress, at staff meetings
- Alert QM Professional Development Registrar about any participant concerns, and recommend action to address
Collaborate as a member of the Quality Matters Team
- Coordinate and cooperate with Quality Matters staff to ensure that QM’s mission, programs, products, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- Participate in weekly staff meetings – from a distance or in-person as determined by Quality Matters Director
Other Duties as Assigned
Required Technology Proficiencies:
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Cloud file sharing or collaborative software
- Video conferencing software, Zoom
- Google applications
- Database management, CRM, ERP software
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education, or related field
- One year working experience in post-secondary education
- Two years or more of administrative experience working in non-profit organizations
- At least two years of experience with online education
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with email and phone
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-moving, virtual work environment
- Willingness to learn proprietary database systems as well as other software packages
- Dependable, demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast- moving, virtual work environment
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to multi-task with high attention to detail
- Must have access to reliable high-speed internet
- Three or more years working experience in post-secondary education or within a corporate learning and development department
- One or more years of virtual work experience, with demonstrated successes both independently and as part of a team in a fast-moving work environment
- Contract negotiation and preparation experience
- Knowledge of logistics principles
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical and creative thinking skills
Compensation for this role would be equivalent to $44,000.00 annually.
Deadline to Apply:
The deadline to apply is July 10.
QM operates a virtual office, and this will be a remote, home-based position. Applicants must reside in one of the following states to be considered for this position: CT, FL, IL, IN, KS, MD, MI, MO, NM, NV, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, or WA. You should also have access to reliable high-speed internet.
Come join Quality Matters and help us promote and improve the quality of online education and student learning. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Quality Matters is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.