- Annapolis, MD, USA
Quality Matters (QM) is an international organization that is recognized as a leader in quality assurance for online education. QM is a nonprofit organization comprised of a dedicated staff that works together virtually—from cities all over the United States—to support everyone’s quality assurance goals.
Nonexempt, Part-time (25 hrs/wk)
Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
This position is remote/telecommuting in nature, however the candidate must reside within the Annapolis metropolitan area; weekly visits to the QM home office are required.
To support the Quality Matters™ Accounting Department with routine clerical and administrative functions.
The daily tasks require analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and knowledge of accounting skills, bookkeeping concepts, policies, and objectives.
- Provide routine support for the Accounting Department
- Use computers and various software applications to complete daily tasks, including database management and data entry.
- Assist with statutory statement preparation (i.e. copying, typing labels, mailing, and distribution of statements).
- Reply to requests for information from both internal and external customers, forward messages/forms to appropriate individuals or departments.
- Maintain physical filing systems, in person, at the Annapolis office.
- Operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to computers, printers, or copiers.
- Prioritize tasks and communication; coordinate and participate meetings with Skype and/or Zoom.
- Utilize Quick Books and Excel to complete tasks including AR/AP entries.
- Follow internal accounting control systems.
- Check and verify source documents such as invoices, receipts, and computer printouts.
- Assist with audits.
- Build relationships and liaison with others, handling highly confidential, politically sensitive, or community related issues in a professional and ethical manner.
- Assist with placing of orders for employee gifts or awards.
- Maintain digital document files.
- Complete new vendor registrations, respond to routine financial documentation requests, maintain vendor records including mailing addresses, contact names and numbers, and pertinent tax information.
- Complete material orders requests and invoices.
- Complete QM USPS mail management, retrieve inbound mail from the QM Annapolis office once per week, sort, open and forward documents to appropriate person/department following set procedures.
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Technology Proficiencies:
- Two or more years’ of proficiency with use and basic maintenance of computing devices such as laptops, Windows-based applications and operating systems.
- Two or more years’ demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Two or more years’ experience working with calendaring tools, and virtual communication tools, i.e. Zoom, Skype, and Google Applications.
- Ability to use 10-key calculator, familiarity of double-entry Accounting.
- Maintain a typing speed of 35 WPM and a 10-key speed of 140 net KPM.
- Demonstrated initiative in learning new software applications and virtual communication tools.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Associate Degree from a Department of Education accredited university or college, or a minimum of two years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Must reside within the Annapolis metropolitan area to complete position’s tasks.
- Regardless of physical location QM employees are required to be available to attend the synchronous core schedule of M-F, 10a-3p, ET. (exceptions at supervisor’s discretion)
- Demonstrated expertise with written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures.
- Proficiency in basic mathematical skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Virtual work experience with demonstrated success.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy on all work activities.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to respond to multiple priorities, meet varying deadlines and complete tasks involving input from multiple participants.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical and creative thinking skills.
- Must have access to reliable high speed internet.
- Must have reliable access to insured transportation and/or a clear driving record.
- Three years’ or more of administrative support work experience.
- One or more years’ experience using Quick Books Accounting software.
Starting salary is $18.36 per hour for this position.
Long periods of being in a stationary position; operating a computer and other office equipment; frequently communicating by phone and email; occasionally moves supplies and/or equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
Weekly trips to the Annapolis office, utilizing insured transportation.
Come join Quality Matters and help us promote and improve the quality of online education and student learning. Please submit a cover letter and resume. Quality Matters is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.