IT Support Specialist (Help Desk /Remote)
- 1997 Annapolis Exchange, Annapolis, MD 21401, USA
Quality Matters (QM) is an international organization that is recognized as a leader in quality assurance for online education. QM is a nonprofit organization comprised of a dedicated staff that works together virtually—from cities all over the United States—to support everyone’s quality assurance goals.
We are currently seeking IT Support Specialist to ensure technology-related issues are fielded and resolved in a timely and effective manner. Specifically, this role will:
- Provide first-level support to users’ requests by phone, email, and live chat, handling routine questions about installation, operation, and usage of computer system software and business applications.
- Apply basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions to common problems.
- Accurately document and maintain trouble tickets in helpdesk ticketing system, ensuring that tickets are escalated as needed to the appropriate level for resolution.
Our ideal candidate will have an Associates degree in Information Technology or related field with at least one year of experience in IT helpdesk support and troubleshooting. You should also have:
- A strong working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Basic knowledge of networking and TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of learning management systems (LMS)
- General knowledge of tablet operating systems, social media platforms, and customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Knowledge of customer service philosophies and practices
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
QM operates a virtual office, and this will be a remote, home-based position. Applicants must reside in one of the following states to be considered for this position: CA, CT, FL, IL, IN, KS, MD, MI, MO, NM, NV, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, WA, or WI. You should also have access to reliable high-speed internet.
The salary range for this position is $35,000 - $39,000. We provide our employees with a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, 401(k), 12 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick leave.
Come join Quality Matters and help us promote and improve the quality of online education and student learning. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via our job board at http://smrtr.io/_cZP. Quality Matters is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.