Technical Support Engineer (2nd Level)
- Station Rd, Theale, Reading RG7 4AR, UK
Quadriga is a leading international provider of guest technology managed services that enhances engagement, generates additional revenue, and fuels value for hotels through a continued focus on the global customer experience. Quadriga is part of the Exceptional Innovation (EI) family of companies and affiliates which benefits from the technology innovation driven by EI. The Group is constantly at the forefront of hospitality guest technology with its IQx platform and suite of integrated solutions for hoteliers.
We are current searching for a 2nd Level Technical Support Engineer to join our support team. This role will involve assistance with installations, providing ongoing proactive support and remote monitoring. Responsibility for working closely with the Product team and ensuring any operational ad-hoc fixes are incorporated into new software releases. Provide technical support and coordinate any 3rd party internal/external suppliers to reach an acceptable conclusion for the hotel/guest issues.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support installations and upgrades of Linux based platforms.
- Provide proactive support and online diagnostics of live sites.
- Development of scripts and tools where required to aid analysing and debugging problems from the field.
- Ensure that Global Service Centre ticket queues are maintained correctly and ensure no backlog develops.
- Provide proactive monitoring and either resolve directly or drive resolution through other teams.
- Provide Technical escalation support for 1st level and 2nd level shift engineers.
- Sys Admin level of Linux knowledge.
- Scripting languages; Bash, Perl.
- Software/Server installation & support.
- LAN/WAN/Remote Diagnostics/SNMP skillsets.
- Networking including Cisco
- Wifi knowledge
- Knowledge of Web technologies, Java/J2EE, Linux, Postgres/Oracle, XML, HTML are desirable.
- Interactive Televisions experience.
- Programming languages: Java, C.C++.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate qualified
- Works in team environment – excellent team player.
- Methodical and proactive.
- Excellent Communication skills both written and oral.
- Able to work independently and prioritise effectively.
- Strong analysis, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage 3rd party suppliers