Technical Web Analyst
- Kingsfordweg, 1043 Amsterdam, Netherlands
Qelp is the global leader in online self-support software for smartphones and connected devices. With over 60 clients worldwide, we help over 400 million people to outsmart technology.
Our Amsterdam office is a dynamic environment with an international team passionate about delivering a great online support experience. Qelp is growing rapidly; it’s a great time to join us!
Are you passionate about providing data driven insights that shape product strategy? Qelp is seeking a Technical Web Analyst experienced in both data analysis and technical implementation to make a big impact on our business. As part of our BI team you will own and maintain our analytics platforms with the goal of providing data-driven insights to shape our product strategy.
Everyday projects include managing cross-functional analytics and testing tools, administering data hygiene best practices, developing consistent reporting standards, analyzing user behavior and identify trends. You will be working closely with the BI team members and important stakeholders across the business to provide proactive insights and identify opportunities for improvement.
Key challenges will be related to maintaining and analyzing multiple sets of data for different clients. Close collaboration and communication will be needed to ensure that data is accurate and actionable.
- Diving into existing data to identify how users interact with our applications and seeking out areas for improvement or gaps in knowledge.
- Coordinating the implementation of analytics tracking and tagging across client websites to ensure end-to-end visibility of traffic.
- Managing the reporting needs of account management as well as requests related to analyzing organic traffic, site conversion, custom events, user paths, and landing page performance.
- Create ad hoc reports to quantify the impact of content strategy
- Taking ownership of analytics tracking and testing tools, safeguarding data hygiene best practices, towards improving measurements and reporting for product optimization cycles.
- Offering strategic recommendations to the UX team in order to improve conversion numbers and key client KPI’s.
- Coordinate, implement and evaluate A/B tests, working with stakeholders to craft hypotheses that are measurable and will lead to actionable learnings.
- Conducting trend and variance analyses’ to better predict how changes will impact web traffic and revenue
- Strong data interpretation; ability to summarize and present complex findings clearly and concisely with key takeaways to various management levels.
- Manage implementation, maintenance and improvement of web analytics and tagging systems, primarily within Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager platforms
- Experience implementing and leveraging standard web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Power BI) to provide advanced reporting and insights
- Proven ability to review large amounts of data and provide strategic and actionable recommendations based on patterns and trends
- Experience with MVT, A/B, Regression testing tools and test design, such as Optimizely and Google Optimize
- End-user focused
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience
- A dynamic culture of continuous learning and growth, while working for top global brands
- Compensation of travel expenses
- BYOD policy with monthly compensation
- Flexibility to work on different projects
- 25 days of paid leave
- Free lunch, unlimited tea, coffee and soft drinks
- (Sometimes epic) Friday afternoon drinks
A typical day in the life of a Qelp analyst:
You enter the brand new, open plan office that’s a 5-minute walk from Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station. The door unlocks via an app on your phone; you are greeted by your colleagues who come from all over the world to build a great online customer experience for over 60 clients. You pick up a cup of freshly brewed coffee, and get started on building a web traffic and user behaviour report for a leading telecommunications company in the US, or in Germany, or in Brazil. You take a break to participate in a short stand-up with the BI team and your Scrum Master, where everyone goes over their priorities for the day and anticipates challenges as a team.
Back at your desk, you use findings from Google Analytics and HotJar to develop a proposal that will optimise the conversion rate for an international educational publisher. At lunch time, you head downstairs to the cafeteria where you can enjoy a huge selection of salads, premium sandwiches, hot food, snacks and the soup of the day.
In the afternoon, you align with a project manager in Sao Paulo on how the implementation of your proposal to boost a client’s organic traffic is performing, and after that you work together with a UX designer to implement an A/B test on a project for a leading interactive entertainment system manufacturer. After a hard day’s work, if it’s Friday, you’ll gather in the break out area to enjoy a cold bottle of beer and lounge on the sofa or play a few rounds of foosball with the development team.
- At least a HBO/WO or similar degree
- More than 5 years of relevant experience in a fast-paced Data/Analytics environment
- Experience with DTM and GTM
- Experience leveraging various reporting tools such as Adobe Analytics and GA creating polished, actionable dashboards and reports for various client stakeholders.
- Strong analytical aptitude and familiarity with business intelligence tools, preferably Power BI
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal, with a talent for interpreting and presenting complex technical concepts
Interested? Apply now for this opportunity!