Senior Quality Assurance & Automation Engineer
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Employees can work remotely
- Location: Mexico - Mexico City
- Time Type: Full Time
QAD is building a world-class SaaS company, and we are growing. We are looking for talented individuals who want to join us on our mission to help solve relevant real-world problems in manufacturing and the supply chain.
We are a virtual first company and your primary work experience will be virtual / working from your home. Occasional travel to a physical office may be required to enhance working relationships, collaboration, design, strategy and alignment.
As a Senior Software Quality Engineer you will plan, develop, implement, execute and most importantly automate project-level functional tests and integration tests. Plan, develop, implement, execute and automate product-level system, installation, conversion and performance tests and 3rd party product-level installation and interface tests. You will also be responsible for analyzing results, generate defect reports in project’s defect tracking tool and verify fixes. In this role you will be working with the business team and development team to identify functional tests that resolve whether the project satisfies requirements and that actual behavior match’s desired behavior which will move into you reviewing unit tests to ensure product’s readiness for functional testing.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in project-level verification activities (reviews, inspections, and walkthroughs) to become familiar with the project requirements, design, etc.
- Implement and execute project-level functional test cases, as well as integration, regression and sanity tests
- Work with Business Analysts and Software Engineers to identify functional tests that will identify whether the project satisfies its requirements and that the actual behavior matches the desired behavior.
- Implement and execute product-level functional tests and integration tests.
- Implement and execute project-level system, installation, conversion, and performance tests. Review and assesse results, generates defect reports in the call tracking system, and verifies fixes.
- Implement and execute 3rd party product-level installation and interface tests with QAD Applications and other 3rd party products.. Assist with the final validation report.
- Produce, maintain and report applicable test metrics.
- Participate in homeroom organization meetings, reporting and activities.
- Participate in ISO Quality System Audits and ISO Quality System Meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Test execution and Test defect management.
- Experience in ERP, particularly in Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Automotive Industry would be beneficial.
- Experience in working with global teams preferred, multiple product, multiple release environment.
- Experience with database applications, client-server applications, or web-based applications.
- Good English level.
- Technical knowledge: SCRUM (or other agile techniques), Object-oriented programming (preferably Selenium - Python), API test tools (preferably SoapUI/Postman), Object-Oriented Analysis and Design knowledge, Defect Management Tools (preferably Jira), Test Management Tools (preferably Zephyr), Test Automation Tools (JMeter), ISTQB and Code control tools (preferably Subversion or Git).
- Your health and well being are important to us at QAD. We provide programs that help you strike a healthy work-life balance.
- Opportunity to join a growing business, launching into its next phase of expansion and transformation.
- Collaborative culture of smart and hard-working people who support one another to get the job done.
- An atmosphere of growth and opportunity, where idea-sharing is always prioritized over level or hierarchy.
- Compensation packages based on experience and desired skill set
QAD Inc. is a leading provider of adaptive, cloud-based enterprise software and services for global manufacturing companies. Global manufacturers face ever-increasing disruption caused by technology-driven innovation and changing consumer preferences. In order to survive and thrive, manufacturers must be able to innovate and change business models at unprecedented rates of speed. QAD calls these companies Adaptive Manufacturing Enterprises. QAD solutions help customers in the automotive, life sciences, packaging, consumer products, food and beverage, high tech and industrial manufacturing industries rapidly adapt to change and innovate for competitive advantage.
QAD is committed to ensuring that every employee feels they work in an environment that values their contributions, respects their unique perspectives and provides opportunities for growth regardless of background. QAD’s DEI program is driving higher levels of diversity, equity and inclusion so that employees can bring their whole self to work.